Galaxy Note 2 - Unlocked questions and MULTI TASK?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yoeun905
I Plan to Stick Around

Galaxy Note 2 - Unlocked questions and MULTI TASK?

Hey guys, so I've done a tone of research and apparently I didn't do enough when I purchased my Note 2 from Rogers. The thing didnt come with the most anticipated feature for me, which was the multi task/multi view function. Slightly annoyed by this. Other than that excellent phone. Sold my iPhone 5 for google maps again. It feels great to have again!

Anyways, does anyone know if I unlock this phone, will I be able to download the correct updates for multiview. I'm very confused on how android does their updates because apple was in control of their updates, not the carriers.

If anyone would like to educate an ex apple fanboy please feel free. Thanks!

**Edited for content**

****Edited Labels****

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Galaxy Note 2 - Unlocked questions and MULTI TASK?

Hello yoeun905

The update will be sent out when the carrier release is. This means you will need to wait until Rogers releases that update which will enable Multi-View. This info is not out yet by Rogers and once they get it, they will announce it via Facebook and Twitter.

Also you will need to be connected on the Rogers network to get that update. If you are on another network, you may not get the update with it.
jdr004
I Plan to Stick Around

Sooooo if the phones unlocked...can we update with a generic samsung firmware without rogers bloatware to get multiview?
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jdr004

That is not how it works. Unlocking a device means you sim unlock the phone. That means the unlocking is ONLY for the sim card and that will let you use any other carrier sim card. The software updates will still be Rogers updates unless you get a factory image from another carier in which i have no clue on how to do that on the Galaxy Note 2.
yoeun905
I Plan to Stick Around

About a month of ownership and no update. I had to root and get the multi window

I wish i rooted it as soon as i got it. It was pretty darn simple

dave_w_h
I Plan to Stick Around

I am sure rooting your new Note 2 is easy however I believe then you must load a new mod which not something everyone knows ho to do. But that being said there is the small issue of voiding your warranty which you failed to mention. I will wait for the release.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dave_w_h

That is correct. If you root your phone & do NOT know or understand to put it back to stock OS after, Rogers & Samsung will Automatically void the warranty. I know a few people that have bricked their phones & send them in to repair, with Samsung & Rogers returning it back saying its voided the warranty & it will cost to replace it.
chinaman
I've Been Around

Good night my note2 friends. I just called samsung just now at 800 726-7864. They are telling me the update should be end of February. I think we all need to keep calling them until they get sick of us and release the dam update.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello chinaman

Samsung Canada is not releasing the update straight to us. They are released the update to the carriers & then the carriers release it to us. Every rep you speak to will give you a different answer.
raytruant
I Plan to Stick Around

Why? this isn't a critical update. It's a mildly useful OS tool, I'm not sure what you are expecting.