Galaxy Note 2 - 4.3 update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Galaxy Note 2 - 4.3 update

Hello Fouad

You might want to post this on Samsungs Facebook & twitter page. This is where that post should be as this is a Rogers forum, not Samsung & Samsung never looks here.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Yea I should. I just needed to vent. I filled out the customer service survey right after the e-mail, I might make a post on their FB page...
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Fouad

Make it on their Facebook page & see what they reply with. Also you can contact their CEO as well via email. See if you get a response back. Samsung needs to really look at this. So any means should be posted out there. As long as Samsung can see it.

Follow my link below, scroll down to Contact Support - Email the CEO

http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/main/supportMain.do

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Does anyone have an update on the Note 2's Android 4.3 update?  I've been holding off on the update because of the negative comments here and elsewhere, but I wonder if the poor performance and any bugs have been ironed out, and if it's safe to install the update now?

Are those of you who experienced poor performance immediately after upgrading, still experiencing poor performance?

it's annoying to have to keep force-closing the software update application, but I will, if the update is going to degrade performance.

Thanks for any comments.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Well given that my Note II screen decided to break -- while it was in my pocket apparently -- and the cost of repair was almost $300 ... I put it out to pasture.  It didn't even last me a year and how it broke is still a mystery.  The glass was not broken, it worked fine when it went into my pocket but 15 minutes later when I removed it it had a nasty looking vertical blue line through the display.  By morning it was totally dead along with large portions of the digitizer (that picks up the touches).

It didn't get bumped, dropped or otherwise even touched while in my pocket.  The only thing I can think of is that it somehow flexed and broke that way.

Very unimpressed ... not to mention the almost $400 in subsidies still owning on the phone.  2+ years of contract left.

I bought an unlocked brand new Nexus 5 directly from google for less than what it would have cost me to pay the early upgrade fee (let alone whatever I would have had to pay on a new smart phone + be on another 2 year contract).  Even getting a Nexus 5 through Rogers is more expensive than buying it direct (and I would still be on the hook for another 2 years of contract).  How's that work out I wonder?  Sounds like a cash grab from Rogers on that one to me ...

Never again will I use a subsidized phone and I doubt I will ever buy another Samsung phone.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello superpeteybaby

No one knows when that new update will released. It all depends on when Samsung will reverse and send a new one out
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Is anybody else having issues with play store? I keep getting error codes 920 and 927 and if i can get it to download then i get error code 24.This has been since the 4.3 update i have googled the error codes with no help. It doesn't matter what rom i use be it a 7105,i317 and i317m they all give me the same error 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello 32dave

Have you tried doing a factory reset on the device to see if that fixes it?
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Yes i have even cleared caches 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello 32dave

So even if u use the normal Rogers rom it still has this issue? Have you tried contacting Samsung to see why it's doing this?