Galaxy Nexus

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jadis
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy Nexus

@Holmes wrote:

Edit: Oh, and another link (official) confirming it's coming to Canada:

http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/2011/10/unwrapping-ice-cream-sandwich-on-galaxy.html 

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/10/18/googles-andy-rubin-says-canada-will-get-the-galaxy-nexus-in-novemb...
Hope that is LTE.
With this official device, I think it is able to eat Jelly Bean.  

Silvertag
I Plan to Stick Around

www.google.com/nexus  LTE or not i'm not jumping on that wagon for now personally at least not with that ridiculous data plan pricing. The phone is enough to please me.

KG2011
I Plan to Stick Around

5.0MP or 8.0MP does not determine camera quality. 

The 5.0MP in the Galaxy Nexus is the best Samsung camera, it's all about the lens.

Are you going to print 16 x 20 pics from your phone?

Even if you wanted to, you could export the 5MP pics into Photoshop and enhance the image.

My point is the Megapixel count does not determine camera quality.  Just look at the HD videos from the Galaxy Nexus, they're quite amazing. 

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/19/samsung-galaxy-nexus-camera-and-1080p-video-samples/

-------------

I don't care for LTE, so I hope I can just grab this phone without the LTE option. 

TheyCallMeDoug
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm just outside the LTE area, but I'm anticipating this phone will last me for a couple of years. So, my next phone will definitely support LTE even if I don't get the specific data plan right away.

KG2011
I Plan to Stick Around

Until they bring the prices down of LTE, I'm not interested. 😉

Besides, faster internet means, the faster your DATA usage gets eaten up. LOL

I'll stick with HSPA+

Polar
I Plan to Stick Around

I was going to get an IPhone 4S because I did not like android that much but after reading about ICS I think I am going to grab this phone when it is released here.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Honestly i have the iPhone 4S & its a great phone. I will most likely buy the nexus tho & see how it works & all. It will most likely get released sometime Nov. We will not know any date till they tell us.
jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

I hope Google is watching what is going on with the Galaxy Nexus and the Galaxy S II LTE.  Perhaps they'll go back to HTC for the next in the Nexus line.  You know, to a company that can actually deliver a product in a reasonable timeframe.

Mathieu
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@jckelly wrote:

I hope Google is watching what is going on with the Galaxy Nexus and the Galaxy S II LTE.  Perhaps they'll go back to HTC for the next in the Nexus line.  You know, to a company that can actually deliver a product in a reasonable timeframe.

Google is not reposnable in any way for the Samsung Galaxy S II LTE.

The HTC Nexus One was sold only by Google on their website at launch and only in the US so it was pretty easy.

The Samsung Galaxy Nexus is going to be available around the world with a lot of carriers.

Based on the success of the Nexus One and the Nexus S, I bet Google is going to sell a lot of these.

If the month of November 2011 is not a reasonable timeframe, I don't know what else you can get.

It's up for Rogers and other resellers to publish their own release date.

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@Mathieu wrote:

@jckelly wrote:

Google is not reposnable in any way for the Samsung Galaxy S II LTE.

The HTC Nexus One was sold only by Google on their website at launch and only in the US so it was pretty easy.

The Samsung Galaxy Nexus is going to be available around the world with a lot of carriers.

Based on the success of the Nexus One and the Nexus S, I bet Google is going to sell a lot of these.

If the month of November 2011 is not a reasonable timeframe, I don't know what else you can get.

It's up for Rogers and other resellers to publish their own release date.

Of course Google is not responsible for the GSII - I never said they were.  My point remains, Google should be watching carfully the absolute abortion Rogers and Samsung have created with the release of these two phones and make future decisions with that in mind.

It's MIND NUMBING, that after a much ballyhooed PUBLIC launch, that neither Rogers nor Samsung can say WHEN or IF the Nexus will be available from Rogers.

The disaster with the GSII release needs no further rehashing

I've just re-read my post and can't figure out how you parsed it so that you gathered I thought Google was in any way responsible.  I CLEARLY SAID they should be WATCHING.  Perhaps my English skills have deteriorated or, more likely, comprehension skills are no longer taught.  I will attempt to write less complex sentences in the future.