Galaxy Nexus auto turn into Airplane mode?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Galaxy Nexus auto turn into Airplane mode?

My Nexus will sudden go into Airplane mode sometimes. Have to turn off and turn on the phone again to get the signal back.

Anyone got the same problem?

Read from a forum said need to replace the motherboard from Samsung service, is it true?

Many thanks inadvance.

***edited labels***

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Galaxy Nexus auto turn into Airplane mode?

That's really odd.

It actually goes into airplane mode? (ie..it doesn't just have 0 signal)

You don't have any apps or profiles that would cause it to do this?  (tasker, juicedefender, some other battery saving app)

What happens when you try and toggle airplane mode after this happens?

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Smeelious,

Coz when I try to make a call, it said I'm in airplane mode, but if I it turn the airplane mode off, still unable to make a call. I have to power off/reboot the phone.

I did try factory reset but no help.

It happened sometimes twice a week, sometimes few times a month.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

If you have warranty on the phone still, contact Rogers tech support and have them send you out a replacement Galaxy Nexus for $35 bucks and once it comes, send them urs back. Or you can go to any Rogers plus store and have them send the phone to get repaired but you will need a loner phone because it will take -3-4 weeks.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

As Smeelious asked, did you look to see which apps you downloaded? Are you rooted, if so do you have a nandroid backup from before the problem, was the phone doing this since new? You need to say what you've done, not just what happens ;-)
I Plan to Stick Around

I did tried a factory restore with 0 apps addon.

Yes, this sometimes happen since new.

It sounds like is not a common problem, may be I should get it repair.

Anyway, thanks so much for all of your reply and help.

I've Been Around

I have exactly the same issue. My GN suddenly goes into airplane mode randomly. Has been doing it since I got the phone. Turning off ap mode does not work. I have to shut it down and reboot each time. I know this must be an issue even though Roger's denies it because when I googled "galaxy nexus aiprlane mode issue" or "galaxy nexus aiprlane mode problem" it showed that this same search had been done many times.

I tried a factory reset and problem persists.

I Plan to Stick Around

My GNex was doing this ocassionally and also losing its data connection.  Works fine since I flashed it to Jelly Bean.  Flashing wasn't hard though this might void the phone warranty.   It would be nice if Samsung came out with this update themselves, but I don't think Samsung will be updating this phone.  You could always call them to ask but I did twice - got no info.  

You'll find many guides on how to flash a GNex on the Internet and in this forum.