Galaxy Nexus Reservation - LTE or not?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Galaxy Nexus Reservation - LTE or not?

Hey guys, quick question.. if the Galaxy Nexus is unlocked, and I plan on buying the phone without a contract.. would I be able to walk into a Bell store, buy the phone.. put in my Rogers simcard, and simply start using it?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yes the Galaxy Nexus comes unlocked. You will buy the phone from Bell but you will be charged a 30 day plan in order to buy the phone outright..

All the settings will work fine.
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the clarification. I visited the Bell store tonight... $30 activation fee, minimum plan is $30, and then the phone is another $650... $710 is a lot to invest in a phone.. :'(

I'm a Trusted Advisor

I agree with you Rusty. It is. This is one way to get money from us. To tell you the truth wait a month or so & check kijiji & ebay. People always sell phones for a cheaper price on their. This is the only way to get the phone for a cheap price.

I checked Kijiji this morning & saw a few people selling the Galaxy Nexus for $650. Check it out.
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers will get it, but of course Bell and Samsung seem to have a better relationship sooooo.....Bell first..lol

I'm a Trusted Advisor

The ONLY way for a Canadian carrier to get it is the FCC passes it. This will get leaked out if it does happen tho. I was talking to a few people down in the states where they said that only Verizon will get the LTE version of the Galaxy Nexus unless next year or in a few months Samsung releases another version of the Galaxy Nexus.