Galaxy Nexus Pricing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moman
I Plan to Stick Around

Galaxy Nexus Pricing

Anyone have an idea or thoughts on the pricing of this phone? I'm looking to purchase outright. Saw a post that Amazon UK is selling it for 549.99 GBP. Converted, that's $880 CAD. Could it really be selling for that much no term?

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
cabanis
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Galaxy Nexus Pricing

All Replies
jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@moman wrote:

Anyone have an idea or thoughts on the pricing of this phone? I'm looking to purchase outright. Saw a post that Amazon UK is selling it for 549.99 GBP. Converted, that's $880 CAD. Could it really be selling for that much no term?

I doubt it.  As much as we complain, the ones who really get hosed on technology products are the Brits.  The rule of thumb they use is "we pay in pounds what the Americans pay in dollars".  And of course, in Canada we pay about 20% more than the Americans despite our dollar being about par.

My guess?  You'll see the Nexus in the $650-700CAN range off contract.

cabanis
I'm Here A Lot

BuckMacklin
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I just decided to go on a 9 day cruise instead.
y2whisper
I Plan to Stick Around

i don't see it going for more than 6 unless ALL the carriers grab it. first two nexus devices went for $530 US on release. don't seeing it going for too much more