Galaxy Nexus - Can you Rogers send me OTA update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Galaxy Nexus - Can you Rogers send me OTA update?

Last week I received an new Galaxy Nexus from Rogers, but the OS is 4.1.1 So far there is not ONE OTA update from Rogers I know the current version is 4.2.1 from Rogers(I know it because this new phone is a replacement for my old Galaxy Nexus which had updated to 4.2.1) When will you send me OTA update? Thanks

****Edited Labels****

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Galaxy Nexus - Can you Rogers send me OTA update?

Hello mike20030405

Rogers does not handle the Galaxy Nexus or any Nexus phone updates. That is Samsung & Google that do it. So asking Rogers to do it means nothing. You will need to contact Samsung about this.
I've Been Here Awhile

But my previous Galaxy Nexus phone got OTA update from Rogers - which has nothing related to Google or Samsung, right?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mike20030405

The Galaxy Nexus never got updates from Rogers. All Galaxy Nexus phones & the Nexus line gets it from Samsung & Google.
I've Been Here Awhile

How can I ask Google or Samsung to send update to my phone?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hellomike20030405

You can call Samsung Canada & see what they can do. Have you also gone into the setting - check update & seen if that would bring up the update?