Galaxie Pictures

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Galaxie Pictures

Would the twit who decided that all viewers must enjoy the pictures on the Galaxie music channels please restore the Blank Option? It's a distraction and, for plasma screens, will cause burning.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Galaxie Pictures

perhaps the twit could be the parent company of galaxy, which is stingray or something like that

I'm a Trusted Advisor

I actually enjoy looking at the pics with a 60 inch plasma tv i have BUT i would like to see the option to turn the screen off as well. One thing i have done is hook my theater system to the Rogers box and turn ofd my TV when i listen to music.
I've Been Here Awhile

I agree that the pictures are a distraction, they are alright, however I would really like the option to black out if I choose to, especially when we have company over.

I've Been Here Awhile

Pictures on Galaxy music channels (700's)

has anyone been able to figure out if we can black out the pictures on the Galaxy music channels?  I don't mind them but I would like to be able to black the pictures out if we have company over like we used to be able to.  any help you can offer would be great!  other than that once I found out I wasn't receiving the proper signal and that is why I couldn't programme anything to tape,I don't mind the upgrades.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Pictures on Galaxy music channels (700's)

I dont think so? unless u have your cable box connected to an amp, then simply turn off ur tv and let the amp play the music portion

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Pictures on Galaxy music channels (700's)

Also as u know seeing u already posted in the other tgread, no there is no way unless like Pauly said, connect the home theater system to the box and turn off the TV.

***edited for content***

I've Been Around

Thanks for the info as I hate the pictures and used to love the option to blank it out especially when I have company over. I have found out that in this thread that if I just turn my TV off I still have the music!!! Works great!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Stormygurl

Glad to hear it worked! Smiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

I use a harmony remote and had it programmed to turn off the TV on galaxie. All of a sudden the galaxie channels would not work with the TV off. Turns out the problem is rogers in one of their software upgrades(?) enabled two way HDMI communication so if TV is off program does not start. (component not available). I Solved the problem by exchanging the HDMI cable for a component cable (dumb cable only one way communication). Now everything is good again.