GSM Unlocked Phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

GSM Unlocked Phone

Good Day!

Been pondering buying a phone off of eBay since my Lumia 920 is starting to die, and wondering if a a "Verizon GSM unlocked" device would work on the Rogers network? Is it safe to assume that since the Android  HTC ONE M8 is a Rogers device, that the HTC ONE M8 for Windows would also work on the same network if it was unlocked?

Thanks!

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: GSM Unlocked Phone

Morning @brandonjbarnard,

First you would need to confirm what frequencies the specific device functions on. Then confirm if those frequencies are compatible with our Network which uses GSM, UMTS, HSPA and HSPA+ at 850 MHz and 1900 MHz, or LTE technology at 2100/2600 MHz AWS.

You can find more information here.

RogersDarrell

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Morning @brandonjbarnard,

First you would need to confirm what frequencies the specific device functions on. Then confirm if those frequencies are compatible with our Network which uses GSM, UMTS, HSPA and HSPA+ at 850 MHz and 1900 MHz, or LTE technology at 2100/2600 MHz AWS.

You can find more information here.

RogersDarrell

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a verizon lumia Icon which i use on rogers, LTE works fine, the only thing you wont be able to use is MMS and you cant set that on any verizon phone unless its being used on verizon network.