GOL TV Canada HD!!!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

GOL TV Canada HD!!!!

This channel is already broadcasting in HD, however Rogers is providing only the SD!

WHY? WHY? WHY?

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: GOL TV Canada HD!!!!

Good question....we at least use to have TFC games available and the odd soccer match shown on Rogers 499 or 500 in HD but that's gone too.

I've emailed Rogers who tell me it's GOLTV's fault and GOLTV has said it's Roger's fault. customers suffer more often then not when rogers "negotiates".

I don't watch TFC games unless they're on TSN and am thinking of dropping GOLTV altogether.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I spoke to GOLTV ... 90% of their content (including the TFC games) are in HD, but for some reason Rogers is not broadcasting GOLTV in HD.

Not sure why Rogers would say it's GOLTV's fault ... Rogers simply need to include GOLTV HD in their subscription offering to its customers.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

GolTV and Rogers negotiate $$ for HD- each are blaming the other = stalemate

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

rogers has carriage only for the SD version of gol tv. they have yet to negociate carriage for the hd feed, but they should maybe gol tv wants mroe money for it? if thats the case i think they should just tell the people at gol tv canada they want the hd feed only, and scrap the sd feed, and downconvert the hd feed for their sd customers so they dont end up paying more, cus thats whats gonna happen, were all gonna pay more, even if we dont watch the SD feeds.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

It's is odd that Rogers is so poor at providing HD channels.  The two channels other than the other-the-air ones - and perhaps Sportsnet and TSN - that I watch are Gol TV Canada and Space.

And Rogers has messed up on getting either in HD.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

People really want GolTV in High Definition. We are missing really good games in HD, tomorrow for example Barcelona vs Real Madrid.

It would be great if a Rogers employee could tell us what's going on or at least give us a contact number or e-mail, so we can ask for current information about GolTV HD on Rogers.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Yes, Yes, Yes.  !!!   Please add GOL HD to the HD lineup. 

I don't know why Rogers Cable cannot add GOL HD other than it is a property that belongs to a competitor telecommunications company.  There might be some cost issues I do not know about.  So, why not inform your good cable clients why you cannot add GOL HD sooner than later?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I concur, please bring goltv hd to rogers

Highlighted
I've Been Around

YES GOLTV needs to be HD!

Its amazing that ALL the Rogers owned sports channels are in HD about 5 times each on the dial!

But NOT GOLTV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!