GDR2 update for Lumia phones

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: GDR2 update for Lumia phones

"I'd love to see the update come out sooner rather than later but seeing as the update was just officially released OTC yesterday im patiently and confidently awaiting the update for my 920. I too am quite excited for the new features and would love a fresh lease of life on my phone."

You made some valid points. But how do you explain why many other US/European carriers have pushed the update to Lumia 920 and other lumia phones?

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm not sure if the EURO versions are RM-820 or RM-821's.

As for the devices getting them earlier, well it is Nokia's home area so they may have more sway with the carriers maybe? I work with some individuals from overseas and its quite interesting to hear the stories of how much more dominant Nokia is a mobile phone manufacturer over seas on area's like German and Finland, etc. Of course, this is purely speculation. I honestly really have no definitive answer.

I can say that Nokia has updated their page now to indicate the coming soon means it has already been approved by the carrier and is undergoing final stages. Rogers has, however, been "coming soon" for about 5 or 6 days now so hopefully we see this update come down the pipe in short order. I've seen other phone carriers go from "waiting approval to coming soon to available" In a matter of 24 hours as well. I'm not entirely confident that the information on Nokia's site is 100% accurate.

I Plan to Stick Around

"I find most Rogers reps don't know anything about Windows Phones."

When I upgraded the rep tried her damndest to me me to upgrade to something else even though I had the 920 preordered, saying "Oh you really don't want a Windows Phone...I have never sold one that hasn't been returned within 30 days, they're garbage. I've never known anyone who actually upgraded from an old one and got a 2nd Windows Phone".

She looked pretty sheepish when the upgrade was in process and I showed her I was upgrading from a Samsung Focus. Ridiculous.

Anyways, hopefully the update rolls out soon, lots of good stuff in it.

I'm Here A Lot

I had the same experience when I upgraded from my galaxy s2 lte after the anthena crapped out but in all fairness the girl that was assisting medidn't seem to be to knowledgeable on tech and she had an iphone. but that's just a personal preferance where I would trust a sells rep that has a tricked out custom rom phone over a rep with an iphone that barely knows how to check their mail LOL:)

I'm Here A Lot

on a quick note I don't understand Rogers secrecy on O.S. updates why not tell consumers what your doing and when it will be ready and stop all this bull**bleep** don't they understand that the more they don't tell the less we trust them
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kilin81

Not many carriers tell their customers what they are doing with the updates. Telus just puts " Testing". That is all.

The reason why they are not telling us, are many reasons like if they give us a ETA , they can not follow threw, then we will be upset & get mad. If they tell us " Coming soon" People will complain.
I Plan to Stick Around

The update is now available. Downloading now 🙂

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello SCHUEY

Turned on my Lumia 920, got the update as well :). Good to hear!
I'm Here A Lot

Just got notification that an update to my phone is ready for download. In the process. Stay tuned.... it might be GDR2.

I Plan to Stick Around

yes ! and the page is updated as well as "available"