GDR2 update for Lumia phones

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

GDR2 update for Lumia phones

When can we expect the GDR2/Amber update to go live for Rogers Lumia 920 Phones????????

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: GDR2 update for Lumia phones

Hello lainS

It seems the update is going to the carriers that have issues with. Rogers does NOT announce when Lumia phones will get updates. So you will need to wait until you get the update or someone leaks out the update for Rogers.
I Plan to Stick Around

why does Rogers not listed a somewhat required update for Lumia phones????? There are many things in this GDR2 update that are needed on Lumia Phones. All other Canadian carriers list dates when updates will be released. As a customer paying $170/month to Rogers this kind of information should be a given.

I Plan to Stick Around

Bell is releasing the update for the Samsung, hopefully Rogers will follow soon (or maybe they are just too busy keeping Verizon outside Canada 🙂 )

http://www.wpcentral.com/bell-rolling-out-windows-phone-gdr2-update-samsung-ativ-s

I Plan to Stick Around

seems like Telus is also ready to role out GDR2 on the Samsung ATIV S also as it shows that there is a new update availablle according to the website and MS are rolling out in stages to them. Rogers for being the PREMIUM Window Partner for Canada your performance is terrible.

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Nicholas tweeted some users that the update is available, but I don't think anyone else has it yet.

I Plan to Stick Around

He's not tweeting anymore so I think he was misinformed. I find most Rogers reps don't know anything about Windows Phones.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Dos101

It seems that he has done this before. He tweeted something to someone and then removed it after an hour when it was posted here.
I Plan to Stick Around

I send him a tweet earlier today and it'll follow up it seems:

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello matthieugd

Most likely he will not respond OR he will respond with a answer. We will see when he does & post what he says!