GDR2 for HTC 8x ?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

GDR2 for HTC 8x ?

The ATIV has GDR2, the Lumia are also scheduled or having it, but no word for the HTC 8x.

Is there an ETA for GDR2 on the HTX 8x?

(I'm in dire need of a fix for the "Other" storage issue : of my total 7.23 GB, I have 3.04 GB in "Other", leaving only 2.3 GB for apps, music & pics; I'm down to 290 MB of free space Smiley Frustrated )

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: GDR2 for HTC 8x ?

Hello SomeOtherGuy

There is not be a ETA for any device until either HTC hands over the update to Rogers OR Rogers announces that the update is out. The only way to find out is if someone posts on here that the update is out OR threw the " OS Upgrade Schedule" thread that is on here. ( Underneath the welcome box on my right side->)

I wonder if HTC has issues this update out. So far i have not heard any HTC 8X get it.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the reply Meowmix.

I'd love for someone at Rogers to chime in and give us a timeframe for the update though.

Seems HTC is the bast3rd child in the Windows Phone family : their website has *no* information about any updates whatsoever, whereas Nokia's at least has a page with a list of provider/models...

edit : seems the word for illigitimate offsprings is censored, hence the need for typos... Smiley Tongue

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello SomeOtherGuy

The problem is that you won't hear from any Rogers rep to chime in. They never do. Sadly this is how it works on here as you can see.

They have a Post like i posted but they may not update it until they get the info from the back end team which deals with the team that pushes out the updates.

Sadly like you said, HTC is the smaller child in the Windows 8 category here. So they may get the update a bit late if the carriers do not want to push it out before the Nokia devices.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So, I hear the Lumia 920s are now getting the GDR2 / Amber update... 

Any chance the HTC 8X will follow soon? Rogers? Hello? Can you hear me now? 😛

Btw, that "OS Upgrades" pages is totally useless - the GDR2 for the 920s isn't even listed and I have absolutely no faith they'd list an update for the 8X.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello SomeOtherGuy

Yea they are late on updating the " OS Update Schedule" thread. They do it once most of the customers get the update.

As of right now, there is no word when or if the HTC 8X will get the update. It seems that there are no leaks out for this phone.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello SomeOtherGuy

I am happy to say that the GDR2 update has been released to the customers as of today!!! Called my buddy which has a HTC 8X with Rogers and he got the update.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/08/30/bell-and-rogers-htc-8x-and-8s-receive-gdr2-os-update/
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, and I'm vert pleased with it! Installed it yesterday, everything is smooth and Data Sense is enabled!!!!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello SomeOtherGuy

Great to hear! 🙂