GCL update on android not delivering better resolution

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

GCL update on android not delivering better resolution

The latest update for the game center live app said high resolution tablets would get better resolution.  Yet, my galaxy tab S, with a 2560x1600, even better than the iPad, still plays the same inferior resolution and bitrates.  Would it be too much effort to specify exactly what tablets you've upgraded the resolution for next time you summarize an update?  Getting on my tablet the same 4500kbps bitrate I get on my computer would also be nice

***edited labels***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: GCL update on android not delivering better resolution

Hey @StephanePare 

I wasn't aware of the resolution differences on tablets as I usually watch on my PC and iPhone. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet at home as well so I’m going to compare with the other platforms tonight (ipad/pc etc).

I'll see if I can get any further information on this topic for you!

Is anyone else in the Community using Rogers NHL GCL on tablets? How is it?

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It's perhaps more of a bitrate than resolution problem, on my tablet i'm capped at 1600bps, on my computer the client caps me at 4500, and it really really shows, especialy during fast moving shots

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @StephanePare 

I personally tested Rogers NHL GCL on my Samsung Note 8.0 Tablet. After that i tested on a iPad Mini and my Macbook Pro(non-retina)

The differences were quite interesting as i never compared before(mix of my personal preferences probably biased my comparisons).

Wouldn't have an answer for why it differentiates, maybe some Technical Limitations on the Apps/Devices for each platform.

I agree that it would be nice to have all platforms at the same KBPS, will pass your feedback along.

Out of curiosity how were you viewing the KBPS?

RogersAsif