Full visual voicemail support for the Lumia 900 (not MMS)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Full visual voicemail support for the Lumia 900 (not MMS)

Is there any update on when true visual voicemail (i.e. the "Voicemail" category shows in your call list, not just a VM icon that calls your voicemail, or an MMS message saying you have a voicemail) will work on the Lumia 900? Just purchased one of these and am very disappointed that only the basic "call VM button" is available (unlike the Lumia 900 on AT&T which has full visual voicemail just like the iPhone).

***edited labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Full visual voicemail support for the Lumia 900 (not MMS)

+10 .. I have been waiting for this for long ..
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I think this may be an account configuration thing.  (Sorry, I don't have experience with the iPhone, so I'm not sure what you are looking for)

Maybe I don't understand the requirement, but on MY Lumia 900, when there is a voicemail, I get a notification on my phone live-tile that I have a voicemail (little 'tape' icon) + I get a text message wtih the interpreted content of the voicemail or, if it can't understand the person, a text saying I have a voicemail that couldn't be translated.

As far as calling Voicemail is concerned, I can tap a link in the text message to directly go to Voicemail, or I can press and hold the 1 key to get to it.  Also, there is a Voicemail icon at the bottom of my Phone History screen (far left).

/drt
I Plan to Stick Around

OK, googled it and got a better idea of what you're looking for.  Yes, that's beyond (I believe) what I'm getting now.  Pretty cool, although I've never noticed/tried to actually 'play' an audio recording of the voicemail from the message.

/drt
I Plan to Stick Around

I got same thing with you.still waitting for the true visual voicemail coming(voicemail tab showing right after call log).

I Plan to Stick Around

@stevenliu12 wrote:

I got same thing with you.still waitting for the true visual voicemail coming(voicemail tab showing right after call log).

Still waiting Smiley Sad .. 

I Plan to Stick Around

The Visual Voicemail feature that is available in Windows Phone 7.5 looks pretty slick. Unfortunately it is a carrier option and at this time tier 2 tech support states they have no intention to support. Not never but not now either.