Frustrated Samsung Galaxy s3 user

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Frustrated Samsung Galaxy s3 user

Email settings for Cogeco

Email Domain cogeco.ca

Email Service Type POP3

Incoming Mail Server address pop.cogeco.ca

Incoming Mail Server Username (Password is provided by your email service provider) username
(provided by your email provider)

SSL required for Incoming Mail? No

Incoming Mail Server Port 110

Secured Password Authentication required for Incoming Server? No

Outgoing Mail Server address smtp.cogeco.ca

SSL required for Outgoing Mail? No

Outgoing Mail Server Port 25

Secured Password Authentication required for Outgoing Server? No

Outgoing Mail Server Username format none

Rogers fall back Outgoing (SMTP) Server: smtp.rogerswirelessdata.com

PLEASE NOTE: These instructions are offered as a courtesy to assist our customers in configuring third-party mail collection. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information as the Internet Providers may change their server names without informing Rogers. If the settings fail to work, please contact your Internet Service Provider for updated information or additional help.
I Plan to Stick Around

Saw that link and tried it, did not work.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Is the username and password from the above for incoming mail server is that not your email adress and your password?? I did this and it worked but putting rogerswirelessdata as the outgoing server smtp while OVER WIFI does not work I get an error message that states unable to connect to email server to verify your account information. No repsonse from server. If I put in smtp.cogeco.ca WHILE OVER WIFI it works.

Now if I shut off wifi the above with rogers wireless data works but when I turn wifi back on it doesnt.  Like I said the Iphone allowed me the option to use rogerswirelessdata.com and cogeco.ca BOTH as the outgoing server.  So if one didn't work the other one picks up and vice versa depending on whether you are in a wifi area or not.

I am visiting both stores tomorrow and see what they say.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Just to be clear, the iPhone didn't do it. The app running on the iPhone which probably comes with the OS is what did the switching. There are numerous other e-mail apps in the Play Store and I'd be surprised if one didn't do the switching. You could always just disable your wifi when at home and you want to send an e-mail from your phone. Or stop using Cogeco for e-mail, which probably would make more sense.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

1) What is the email program your are using ?   Are you using the Samsung built-in email app or a third party you installed ?

2) You should not set different smtp server for different connection type it makes no sense.

3) I have Videotron as my internet provider and can send emails over Rogers data service on my @videotron mail without issue so Rogers is not blocking anything.

When on wifi, your emails are routed via your Cogeco home internet service. When your out of Wifi you fall on Rogers Data service. The smtp stays the same its just the internet route that change.

Check your configuration again. Make sure your not trying to send email with the authentication active for the smtp settings.

Edit: Also make sure your Data Enabled option is checked under your network setting.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

The problem is 100% with Cogeco restricting outgoing server access to only while on their network. I suggest you use GMAIL outgoing servers instead (if you have a gmail account), it should be working on both wifi and 3G.
This is a reason why I never use my ISP's email, ever. Most of them do this stupid thing.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

My pop email gets'  'authentication failed' . It works fro a week or so and then I get 'authentication failed' Nothing has been changed. I eventually delete the account and then put it back in with all the same parameters ( sometimes I must do this several times, ) then it works for a week or so and I have to so it again. I repeat I don't change anything it just starts failing. Unbelievably frustrating

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

get an outlook account and import your cogeco mail to it, then add outlook account to your phone and make it your default email account.  Prpblem solved aall around

Highlighted
I've Been Around

My wife and I both have Samsung S3 phones , using Rogers as our carrier, but Cogeco as our home Internet provider and email provider.  Exactly same issues.   Any work around suggestions, or who we can get correct solutions from,

appreciated.