Frozen channel listings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Frozen channel listings

The guide on channel 5 has been frozen since last night sometime. This happens frequently but usually not this long. Is there anything that can be done when this happens, or must one just wait and hope someone at Rogers notices and/or cares? Location is Fredericton N.B.

***Edited Labels*** 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Frozen channel listings

Hi @Badfinger  Rebooting your box MIGHT fix the problem, otherwise, there are several websites you can find if you search that show TV listings (for Rogers.)

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @Badfinger,

Welcome to the Forums! 

Have you tried rebooting the box as @billmcintyre suggested? Is this issue resolved now? Please let us know. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, it had no effect. This happens very frequently and rebooting has never helped. (The channels were working fine.)

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think what the OP is saying is the broadcast is frozen, not the box or guide.  The channel happens to be showing the old school scrolling TV guide listings, you know, the one we watched before Cable went digital? well if its frozen, there would be no point telling the CX to reboot the receiver and try again, why? because its clearly a problem with the station. I don't know if Rogers owns the TV guide channel or gets it from someone else, but they better alert their master control office of the problem so a ticket can be issued to fix it.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, the OP appears to be talking about the non-interactive guide that's shown by your local Rogers area on channel 5 (channel 10 for me). The top part of the screen shows the weather and commercials Rogers announcements and the guide is 5 lines, moving up every 5 seconds.  @Badfinger, are you getting sound, or is it just the videothat's frozen?  In any case, the problem would not be with your box or cable, but with the feed from your local Rogers office, if there is such a thing anymore.  Best bet would be to call Rogers, explaining this is for your local area. Also, do you know if any of your neighbours are seeing the same problem?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

There is no sound, video is comepletely frozen. Usually resolves within a day or so, sometimes longer. And yes I am talking about the non-interac tive guide on channel 5 here in Fredericton.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I know they have customized the TV guide channel for specific and indivual areas because the channel lineups do differ based on geography.  Its possible other areas may have this channel working but yes it definitely is a problem if your area is frozen regardless of where the feed is coming from it must be reported and fixed. 

Did you call in and report it to their technical support?