French feed not working on game console apps?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

French feed not working on game console apps?

Hi, I see that the french feed is available on some games, and it works great on PC (amazing integration on PC btw, love the camera angles and overall quality of the service!) but I'm disappointed to see that the french feed is not available at all on PS3 or PS4, and while there is an option to select the french feed on Xbox 360 and Xbox One, the feeds do not work and list as unavailable. Is this going to be fixed, am I the only one with this problem? Are they going to be available once the french package becomes available later on?

Thank you very much in advance!

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: French feed not working on game console apps?

HI @Vinc ,

If you still have any questions regarding any French game feeds, please reach out to us on Twitter via @RogersHelps or Facebook.com/Rogers

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

I see no solution
Retired Moderator RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator

Hi, @dave8

Are you having troubles with NHL Game Center Live?

How can we help?

Regards, RogersAliciaG

I Plan to Stick Around

I have the french center ice package (montreal & ottawa french feeds) I can log in to all devices (PC, Android, roku) However I cannot play any feeds from my roku device the settings page says I've sucessfully logged on with "myRogers" account but when i go to view a game it says I need to subscribe to gcl. 

I'm Here A Lot

I have the exact same problem. I even posted it here:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/RogersGCL/thread-id/124/page/7

So far, nobody can give me any reasonable answer, not even Rogers contact center agents.

So I am subscribing to the French package. I can open games on PC and iPhone fine. However, PS3 NHL app does not allow me access to any feed, including the French one. Problem does not seem to be on ID and password since I am able to enter the app. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi I am having the exact same problem! I am subscribed to the NHL game center ice package, french only, and I am able to access the game just fine on my Android device, on my PC, but not on my PS4 or PS3.

I even uninstalled the NHL app and reinstalled it. No dice.

What happens is, I log in with myRogers account on the PS4 app, and it gets in fine. I see the schedule for the games. I select the Montreal Canadiens game (for example, tonight it is Buffla and Montreal), and first of all there is a blue lock icon to the left of all the feeds. I select the French Feed, choose Join In Progress, and I get an error message that says: "You are not authorized to view this content. If you feel you are receiving this message in error, please contact customer support. Code: 4".

I have called several times, dealt with quite a few people over at Rogers, and nobody has been able to resolve the issue. Tonight, I finally got through to Technical Support who walked me through a couple things. They first verified everything is fine on their end. Then, he sent me to this website: http://internet.sony.tv/nhl. He said, register your device there and it should work as he couldn't see any other reason for why it wouldn't work. Well, it turns out that's for Essentials and does not apply to the PS4! So.. that was a no go. And now I am at an absolute loss as for why this is not working on my PS3 or PS4. Can someone please assist? I don't want to unsubscribe, I was really hoping to get hockey at home this season but it's looking like I am stuck with my PC, and I really wanted to watch it on my PS4 as my computer is an old device and the game is very choppy.

Please help.

I Plan to Stick Around

This is what I think is happening (I long ago cancelled my french package).  Rogers in their haste to collect money, never updated any of their streaming devices (you ps3,4,  me roku Which I bought just for the streaming on my tv) to accomodate the french package.  My device lets me successfully log on to GCL but when I select the game I paid for it tells me i need to subscribe. I've HATED rogers since they tried negative billing in BC. (circa 1999) this was my first and last experience since then. I now as a telus customer let telus pay rogers for their center ice package. if you're a shaw let them pay rogers for the center ice package.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have same experience with roku for NHL Out-of-Market French Package. Works on laptop and recognizes me on roku as connected/logged. Accress denied message when I try to watch a game. Worked fine on roku till last night and nothing now. Not even previous games are available now on roku. Rogers software glitch on their main database?

I'm Here A Lot

BTW, I would like to ask how is it that the first post is qualified as "solved"? What is the solution? As many posters post here, the problem is far from being solved as the French package is still not available on game consoles.