Free On Demand

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Free On Demand

I was recently offered a gift by Rogers via email for being a long term customer. I chose the 3 free on demand movies as my free gift. This was over a week ago, how do I claim my free movies? Does anyone know? When I access on demand it says any movie purchases will be charged to my account. I remember the email saying I did not require a PIN to redeem this offer.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Free On Demand

Hello KennyM

Did you receive a email saying that its been added on your account until March 2013? I got a email yesterday after a week or so of waiting & it said that.

This is what my email says:

"

You recently visited our customer appreciation website and selected 3 Rogers On Demand movies as a reward.

The reward has been applied to your account and is available until March 1st, 2013.

You can redeem for any movies in our catalogue provided it is under $7.99.  Access the movies through Rogers On Demand Channel 100.

If you have any issues with receiving your reward, please send an email to this address."

No where does it say you do not need a PIN or anything. You will be charged the $7.99 o whatever the fee will be but on the bill, it will be a credit of that amount.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for your response. I haven't received the second email yet so I guess I'll have to wait.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think the original thing when you filled it out, said the no pin the page there.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello GDkitty

It does say that but the email you get after does not say that. I confirmed this with a few reps & a Manager. They all said you will see the charge BUT underneath you will see the credit as well.This is the only way they could make it work. That is why you MUST wait for that email before making the purchase of the on Demand movie for free. THat have to apply it into your account & then go threw with it.

Here is more info from the first email:

"
Second Token Gift:
3 Rogers on Demand movies will be added directly to your account within 5 business days of your redemption. Must have a Rogers Digital TV subscription."

&

"No purchase necessary. Expires 3 months from date of redemption.
Must have a Rogers Digital TV subscription to access Rogers On Demand Channel 100.
Rogers Digital account must be in good standing.
Movie rental can only be viewed at the service address of the purchaser listed on the account."

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I wasn't arguing how it was processed, just agreeing that there was the message beforehand 🙂

But it makes sense with how it would be processed.

Now there just needs to be something on there I want to watch

I've Been Around

I got my first email Oct 17.  Do I have to wait for another before I can use it?  I never use ROD. Went on it today to order a movie but did't want to be charged $7.99 because I wasn't sure it will work.  Cost too much to rent.  Rather watch in theatres on cheap days - weekends are the best in the morning when its $6.00 at AMC/Empires theatres Smiley Tongue

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Joee

Yea you need to wait for this email:

" You recently visited our customer appreciation website and selected 3 Rogers On Demand movies as a reward.

The reward has been applied to your account and is available until March 1st, 2013.

You can redeem for any movies in our catalogue provided it is under $7.99. Access the movies through Rogers On Demand Channel 100.

If you have any issues with receiving your reward, please send an email to this address."

BTW AMC theaters are done. Cineplex bought them & changing them to Cineplex / Famous Players now until January. After January they are ALL going to be Cineplex owned & no more AMC after that.
I've Been Here Awhile

Got the email from Rogers. My question is it states anything under $7.99 yet every HD movie is $7.99 after doing a quick check on channel 100. So I asume I can't rent any of these movies or am I misinterpreting this? I am a little disappointed if I can't use this reward on any good HD movies.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Irish13

Your are able to rent movies that are HD for $7.99. I have comfirmed this with Rogers many times and I have seen a few people ask the same thing on Facebook.

Anything under $7.99 means from .99 cent up to $7.99. Anything over $7.99 will be charged as that price you see.

So you are safe to get a movie that is $7.99.