Free Internet WiFi Analyzer for Android

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Free Internet WiFi Analyzer for Android

This WiFi Analyzer will help you sort out the best location and channel selection for your router.  Its free and does the job.  Even has a signal strength meter.

Wifi Analyzer - Android Apps on Google Play

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: Free Internet WiFi Analyzer for Android

Cool. Thanks for the info @Datalink

I think both apps; you provided and what OP @jszentir shared are useful and good to have. :]

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@jszentir

Appreciate the great share. I personally use this myself - however just the app won't be useful if you are attempting a full diagnostic, but it is a good tool.
You're device must have good capabilities. If it is your every day device, your internal antenna degrade over time and readings go off.
Your phone or tablet case will deter the signal as well and give you up to 10 +/- value.
so it is not as useful as a lot of people make it to be.
But I do agree, it potentially is one of the BEST out there for quick check and rough idea on signal strength and degradation and very straight forward and simple.

I personally use it to validate and sort out channel so there is not much noise, but the signal "level" is pointless at times.

How do you use it yourself @jszentir?

Oh and I am curious to know if @Datalink & @Gdkitty use this? Since those two are very well versed in Networking.

(I also know some guys in the tech industry use this exact app as well.)

Once again, Thanks for the share! 😄

Edit: Updated content.

Highlighted

Thank you for sharing this useful application with the Community @jszentir!

We appreciate that you pointed this out @ShakTiburon.

Legitimate apps, that are not competing with the services that we offer can certainly be shared with other users! 

RogersMaude

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Thanks @RogersMaude - Need to make sure Community is Safe! but good point, as long as it is not a competing service or application, it should be good.
Cheers
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I've seen screen shots of the android app, but I prefer inSSIDer as the graphcal presentation of the networks is very easy most people to understand.  This comes in Windows, Mac, and Android versions.

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5936-inssider.html

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Touché @Datalink
Though I haven't used inSSIDer for a very long time. Has it updated or same UI? any new features?
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The next version out, which has become a pay version uses the same graphical and text interface but it has been updated to allow the program to display 802.11ac networks and the 802.11ac channel numbers which are different from the N channel numbers.  The program can run on a normal a/b/g/n laptop and reads the channel headers to interpret the transmission mode, a/b/g/n/ac and display any and all of those received networks in both graphical and text form.  $19.99 US which isn't terribly expensive.

The link that I usually provide here in the forum is for the last freebie version which does not display 802.11ac networks.  Either way, android app or inSSIDer, using a application such as those can take the guesswork out of the situation and clarify the problem very quickly.  I would encourage anyone with wifi issues to use either one, but my preference is still for inSSIDer.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Cool. Thanks for the info @Datalink

I think both apps; you provided and what OP @jszentir shared are useful and good to have. :]

View solution in original post