Fox Sports World Canada

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Fox Sports World Canada

So with a lineup that is sparce at best when it comes to soccer, the clever people at Rogers have decided to get rid of Fox Sports World Canada by April 2. The other day I missed a huge game between Milan and Juventus because not one Canadian station had it. Of course if I lived in the U.S. no problem. It wasn't all bad though as I was able to find some buttercup on bravo or one of those stations I DIDN'T PICK, showing me how to decorate my dining room during the time I wanted to watch the game.

My question, does my monthly price go down? They're always finding nonsense excuses to raise my prices but when they take stations away shouldn't the prices go down? Anyone hear anything?

Thanks

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersNicolas
Retired Moderator

Re: Fox Sports World Canada

Hi Domingo,

Fox Sports World Canada was removed due to a decision made by the broadcaster.

On our end, rest assured that we are always reviewing our packaging and programming.

We'll continue to keep everyone posted of our latest news.

Nicolas

@RogersNicolas | Rogers Social Media team

I Plan to Stick Around

Really? It was based on a decision and what? not based on an accident?

I'm NOT assured of anything however, I'm not assured that I will get a reduction in my bill, I'm not assured that Rogers will replace the channel with a suitable "soccer" channel and I'm not assured that your reply was anything more than a canned patronizing response that you copied and pasted from a list you have on standby. That was not an answer.

I certainly hope whomever answers the phone when I call in a week or two is more clever than you are with their answer.

I've Been Around

I couldn't agree more.

I watched this channel sporadically but still one day its there the next its gone and without any notice.

I seem to get emails from Rogers about stuff i don't care about but when it comes to subscribed channels, not even a "we're sorry" email.

That's very poor customer service!

So is my bill going down now that I have one less channel? And no I don't want another foreign language channel or another Aboriginal channel that I won't watch instead of Fox Soccer.

A novel idea would be replacing the soccer channel I just lost with another soccer channel. It is after all the most watched sport in the world!
I've Been Around

We SO miss our nightly fix of Sky Sports News and Bobby McMahon's insightful commentary.  Make soccer/footie fans happy again and pick up both shows, plus put together a soccer package. There's not enough understanding at Rogers that there is life after hockey, basketball and football. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You guys may want to read Nichola's post again.

It was removed by a decision by the BROADCASTER.. that means the channel itself, for whatever reason, chose not to broadcast it to rogers to re-distribute.

You would be best to pursue this with the the channel itself, and why they stoped.

I've Been Around

Rogers,

this blog is stale, lets have some breath of fresh air. do you guys have soccer channels or not so ican carry my subscription and hard earned money somewhere else.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

For an extra $15.06/month, you could add "beIN SPORTS"

beIN SPORTS
beIN SPORTS is the premier international sports network. With over 1,200 live soccer games from the major European leagues such as Serie A, La Liga and Ligue 1. In addition beIN SPORTS brings you hundreds of live events in auto racing, rugby, volleyball and cycling.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I can honestly say Ive learned about channels coming and going mostly by visiting web sites like here and DHC and DSL reports, and NOT from Rogers themself or any bill printouts they produce.  There IS a difference, a good conversation about a channel or network from various participants can teach someone a lot more than a simple message on a bill printout,  you can find out different angles about the situation, why, how, who, when and where, but you will never find this out from the info on your bill, that doesnt mean rogers is not telling us the truth, sometimes they are only allowed to disclose certain info, based on what theyre legal team advises them to, and due to competition, etc. a lot of that other info is safeguarded.

Its NOT their fault, but I did learn about BeIN Sports coming here, yes it costs a little more and its in its own package, but it does seem like a good deal if you watch Seriea A soccer, and the other soccer leagues they carry such as La Ligua 1, and Brittish, etc.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Pauly wrote:

Its NOT their fault, but I did learn about BeIN Sports coming here, yes it costs a little more and its in its own package, but it does seem like a good deal if you watch Seriea A soccer, and the other soccer leagues they carry such as La Ligua 1, and Brittish, etc.

But the point is, previously we had channels, Speed being a prime example, that now we don't, yet Rogers didn't reduce the price to compensate for the drop in service. Having to subscribe to extra cost services to get back what we had, amounts to extortion.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario