cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fox News HD

Normb101
I've Been Here Awhile

Why is Fox News HD not available on Rogers ?

I have been asking this question for quite a few years and have never been able to get an answer.

Fox News has been broadcasting in HD for years, yet for some reason, Rogers will not add the channel.

I'd much rather watch Fox News in HD than some of the other channels Rogers has, such as the Fireplace Channel etc....

***Edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Fox News HD

Hey folks!

We heard your feed back loud and clear! I'm happy to share, starting today, we’ll be launching Fox News Channel in high definition (HD). With HD, the picture on the screen is clearer, less fuzzy and the text is easier to read. To enjoy the full HD experience we recommend watching the channel on an HD set-top box attached to an HDTV. 

There is no additional cost for HD if customers subscribe to the standard definition (SD) version of the channel.  Customers can see Fox News Channel HD on channel 181 or 1206 in New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Quebec and 181 in Ontario (excl. Hamilton).  Hamilton-Mountain customers can see the HD feed on channel 468.

Hope ya'll enjoy the experience!

RogersCilio

View solution in original post

109 REPLIES 109

Speedy1701
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Been waiting for SPACE HD myself.

BTW: "FOX" + "News" seems to be a contradiction in terms!!!  😛

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
The fireplace channel is for people that Want to just leave their TV on & watch that. I fully understand your comment tho.

Rogers needs to start releasing the HD channels as soon as the Broadcaster & TV channels are in HD. It will cost money tho sucks

Normb101
I've Been Here Awhile

Do the "people" from Rogers ever read these posts ?

As I wrote previously.... I've been trying to get an answer from Rogers for a few years.....

Hunting4Answers
I've Been Around

I am trying to add Fox News as it comes up on the list of channels (181), but can't seem to find the package to which I would need to subscribe.  Very frustrating.  Why offer a website to manage your account if somehow one can never find what is needed despite there being so many options?

which package are you on now?

I beleive, 181, is available in the VIP package.. which likely is cheaper than per say, basic + potentialy whatever add on it might be in.

angelus_025
I Plan to Stick Around

You will be much better informed if you watch the Fireplace Channel over Fox News, or you can just make things up in your head, that is the equivalent of what you will get if you actually watch the channel.

Alternatively, just watch The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, he shows enough clips of Fox News for you to get your fix and you will actually get some honesty from Stewart while getting some laughs at the same time.

upsdriver9
I Plan to Stick Around

yeah if you get close enough to the TV you will feel the heat coming out of the fireplace, hahahahaha you guys know which one was even better?? it was that Swiss Chalet Chicken Channel, hahahaha what a Joke... why would anyone want to sit in front of their tv's and watch a bunch of chickens rotating on a rottisserie? hahahahahah too funny and to think we pay for that. I am surprised I am still with them..

drewsy
I've Been Here Awhile

I couldn't agree more.  I watch the 3 news channels fox,cnn,msnbc but 90% of the time Fox.  Fox having the highest ratings for cable news channels one would think Rogers would capitalize on it. Lots of other crap stations in HD. Bell even has Msnbc in HD.

Speedy1701
I'm a Reliable Contributor

FOX + News is an oxymoron!

StefanJ
I Plan to Stick Around

Completely agree - very annoying that we don't get Fox News HD or AMC HD.

StefanJ
I Plan to Stick Around

Disappointing to see people complaining about the existence of the single conservative news channel (well, other than the amateurish Canadian Sun Media). 

Come on - more choice is always better, even if you don't personally enjoy some of the flavours.  I'd rather chew glass than watch MSNBC or CNN, but trying to muzzle or demogogue differing views is just lame.

shai167
I've Been Here Awhile

Why Fox News is not included in the HD channels? Although this channel broadcasting in full HD? 

Please add Fox News to above 501 HD channels.

Thanks,

Shai

***edited labels***

Rogers is slowly doing this to as many channels as they can (a bunch of channels i noticed are in HD recently).

It may take some time though.. just because a carrier carries the SD version of the channel, doesnt mean they have the rights to the HD version.. it may be something they have to make a seperate deal for.

shai167
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Gdkitty,

No one is EVER guaranteed an official answer 😞 but you can ask.
This forum is mostly user to user.

You would be best to try them via Facebook or twitter, they tend to reply more there than here (again as this is intended more as user to user)

Malcolm7
I've Been Around

FOX News....oh I mean REPUBLICAN news (spelled Propagands/garbage).   UGH.

allanthompson41
I've Been Around

I wanted to watch the GOP debate tonight Nov 10/15and found some info. Fox News is on Rogers channel 197;  But,  you must have VIP Ultra. Open your wallets....

Good Morning @allanthompson41,

Sorry to hear you weren't able to catch the debate last night. If you are interested in FOX News programming in the future, an alternative to upgrading your cable package would be to add the News Theme Pack. This theme pack is  available for $5.99 a month.  The channels offered are listed below:

Untitled.png

Here we go again. Rogers removes a channel, then offers a package at extra cost to get it back. I used to get BBC World News with VIP, then it was taken away. I should not have to pay $5.99 extra (or anything) to get it back.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

was it available in even the regular VIP before?

Dont recall ever seeing it. (not that i would EVER watch fox news for actual news)

Topic Stats