Four days worth of email just arrived

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile
Posts: 2

Four days worth of email just arrived

I just received four days worth of email on my rogers account, email I had not seen before. Why this delay? Thankfully I use gmail as my primary address but I use Rogers for sites I've signed up with.

 

 

 

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile
Posts: 2

Re: Four days worth of email just arrived

I found the problem but I don't know why it occurred. I have 5 email accounts, all set up in Thunderbird 31.6.0 as POP3 with identical settings other than server name and password. When I checked, the little boxes that say check for mail on startup and then every n minutes were unchecked for my Rogers account but still checked for everything else. 

I will swear I did not change this and it was certainly working fine last week. I guess it could be some issue with a Thunderbird update. In any case I believe it's resolved.

View solution in original post


All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 14,246

Re: Four days worth of email just arrived

How do you collect your email?  Via a client? (on a phone, desktop) or just via the webmail.

I have had no delays.. but i am sure that all rogers users are spread amongst MANY different servers, could be issues with just one in particular.



Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile
Posts: 2

Re: Four days worth of email just arrived

I found the problem but I don't know why it occurred. I have 5 email accounts, all set up in Thunderbird 31.6.0 as POP3 with identical settings other than server name and password. When I checked, the little boxes that say check for mail on startup and then every n minutes were unchecked for my Rogers account but still checked for everything else. 

I will swear I did not change this and it was certainly working fine last week. I guess it could be some issue with a Thunderbird update. In any case I believe it's resolved.

View solution in original post