For the ones that have the new iPhone 4S.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

For the ones that have the new iPhone 4S.

For the ones that have the new iPhone 4S how do you like it? Do you hate it? What are some things you wish they added.

Lets hear it Smiley Happy

From my point of view yes it does look the same thing as the other iPhones but yet it is for powerfull & faster. The A5 Dual-core makes it faster compare to my iPhone 4. Also the screen for some odd reason looks for brighter & more colorful then the iPhone 4. ( might just be me tho)  I love that i am able to record real 1080p. Also this new IOS5 makes it look amazing. ( yes i know some futures are taken from BB & andriod from what i have read) but this does not affect me at all. Overall i love this phone & can not wait till the iPhone 5 comes out next year. One thing i wish they added was facebook & other widgets on their ( not only twitter).

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
LongTermCustomr
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: For the ones that have the new iPhone 4S.

@mewomix: The brighter colors might be attributed to two things (the screen is the same as iPhone 4)

1 - If you had a different color iPhone 4, or case on it, that might be giving you some contrast to the screen. Basically throwing you off and making the screen appear not as bright.

2 - I've had my iPhone 4 since launch, and often if used hard, especially since iOS 5, it gets really hot. This is just my theory but maybe constant heat may fade the screen over time.

About the zooming, you have to tap the screen in the camera app, and the slider allows you to zoom. If you need extra camera settings check out the Camera+ app (that's how it's spelled) on iTunes. I think it's either 0.99$ or 2.99$. Either way it's worth it, best camera app I've ever used, they add alot of extra features, and an independent camera roll. The advantage of the independent camera roll in iOS 5 is for those using iCloud syncing for photos. All the pictures in your default camera roll will be sent up to iCloud automatically, and so far you cannot delete anything individually, but Camera+'s camera roll is saved on it's own, and won't merge with your roll unless you tell it to.

I've also got the Xperia X10 and the Xperia Arc, they both have pretty good cameras, but the shutter lag renders them nearly unusable after having an iPhone 4 or 4S. You should be able to take pictures much faster now.

A quick tip for iOS 5, the text shortcuts are very handy, for long strings of text you constantly send out (like an address or a long username etc..). Go to Settings -> General -> Keyboard and under Shortcuts, you can create your own text shortcuts. Discovering this was the highlight of my week when iOS 5 rolled out, so in case anyone missed this feature, check it out. The way it works is, you enter a shortcut like "adrs" and the corresponding long text you want it to be associated with like: "888 Superlongtext Avenue, Nowhereville". Then everytime you type "adrs" the auto-complete will pop up with the address. Just press space and it will replace the "adrs" with the long text.

View solution in original post

All Replies
cphonemommy_33
I Plan to Stick Around

I am coming from an Xperia x10... I am still up in the air, the much touted camera on the 4S takes nice crisp pictures. But as far as I can see no zoom?? No image stabilization, no scene mode? ( or maybe I have missed these features so far) also SIRI is unable to find Canadian businesses or locations, I hope this changes soon! Other than that it is a pretty cool phone!!
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I have a X10 & believe me its a change from that phone. There is zoom. Pitch to zoom Try that when you are trying to take a picture. There is no Scene mode at all on it.

Siri is in Beta still. Canada will most likely be added on the next update they will roll out.
LongTermCustomr
I Plan to Stick Around

@mewomix: The brighter colors might be attributed to two things (the screen is the same as iPhone 4)

1 - If you had a different color iPhone 4, or case on it, that might be giving you some contrast to the screen. Basically throwing you off and making the screen appear not as bright.

2 - I've had my iPhone 4 since launch, and often if used hard, especially since iOS 5, it gets really hot. This is just my theory but maybe constant heat may fade the screen over time.

About the zooming, you have to tap the screen in the camera app, and the slider allows you to zoom. If you need extra camera settings check out the Camera+ app (that's how it's spelled) on iTunes. I think it's either 0.99$ or 2.99$. Either way it's worth it, best camera app I've ever used, they add alot of extra features, and an independent camera roll. The advantage of the independent camera roll in iOS 5 is for those using iCloud syncing for photos. All the pictures in your default camera roll will be sent up to iCloud automatically, and so far you cannot delete anything individually, but Camera+'s camera roll is saved on it's own, and won't merge with your roll unless you tell it to.

I've also got the Xperia X10 and the Xperia Arc, they both have pretty good cameras, but the shutter lag renders them nearly unusable after having an iPhone 4 or 4S. You should be able to take pictures much faster now.

A quick tip for iOS 5, the text shortcuts are very handy, for long strings of text you constantly send out (like an address or a long username etc..). Go to Settings -> General -> Keyboard and under Shortcuts, you can create your own text shortcuts. Discovering this was the highlight of my week when iOS 5 rolled out, so in case anyone missed this feature, check it out. The way it works is, you enter a shortcut like "adrs" and the corresponding long text you want it to be associated with like: "888 Superlongtext Avenue, Nowhereville". Then everytime you type "adrs" the auto-complete will pop up with the address. Just press space and it will replace the "adrs" with the long text.

View solution in original post

LongTermCustomr
I Plan to Stick Around

oh and by the way, one of the developers for the Camera+ app is Lisa Bettany, and she's Canadian, which just makes it that much better Smiley Tongue