Firmware language

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Firmware language

Hi everybody! I have a question: i have a SG3 bought in Montreal (september 2012) unlocked on december because I had to go back to Italy. I need to set the language of the firmware as ITALIAN even if among the possibilities I have just english , french and chinese...can anybody help me? Thank you!

***edited labels***

Retired Moderator RogersRavi
Retired Moderator

Re: Firmware language

I believe you would have to reset the phone to default settings so you can change it again, unless anyone else has any other suggestions. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That would be the best bet.. do a restore on the phone (through itunes) and you then get the intial setup page.

HOPEFULLY it has the option there.. but since its a north american phone.. it may be limited in WHAT it has pre loaded (english, french, maybe spanish, etc.)

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello GDkitty

It's not a iPhone, it's a S3 so iTunes is useless lol. You will need to have Samsung Kies or do it over the phone.

Also u are right, once the factory reset is done, it should let u pick what language u want.