Firmware Nokia 5800

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Firmware Nokia 5800

Very frustrased - Music player no longer works on nokia 5800 after updating through Ovi suite. Nokia support states that it is due to outdated firmware - upgrade firmware and this and many other problems will go away. Rogers tells me there is no firmware available. A quick internet search indicates that while Rogers firmware is 3.01..... Nokia has released 5.1....

Obviously not happy that my phone is loosing funtionality - Are other users having this issue?

One solution from Rogers was to pay them $50 per phone to unlock them - don't think I should have to pay them to not update firmware on a phone that is just over 1 year old.

***edited labels***

Retired Moderator RogersJean
Retired Moderator

Re: Firmware Nokia 5800

Hi gmmclean,

The music player should work regardless of your firmware. Have you tried removing and re-inserting your battery?

Have you tried loading a new song to the device since the update and testing it?

Have you tried different file formats?

If the music player is corrupted you can try a master reset (it will erase everything on the device):

1. From the Main Screen
  2. Select Settings
  3. Select Phone
  4. Select Phone mgmt
  5. Select Factory Settings
  6. Enter Password (12345)

If you continue to experience problems you can bring the device into a Rogers store so they can send it in for repair.

I've Been Here Awhile

Resetting the phone only fixes the phone until it is connected to ovi suite - Then if I accidentally accept the update for the music player it quits working. Nokia is aware of this and suggests getting the firmware update which Rogers has yet to approve (and in my opinion never will).

Paid good money for this phone in addition to the contract - would have been better off accepting the free do nothing phone. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Very frustrated here too... I love most things about my 5800, but the music player has been messed up since I updated to v31.2.101 -  and mostly frustrated because I know Nokia has a v41 and v51 updates available.  Just no way to get it onto my Rogers phone.  The bluetooth on this phone needs some help. - I work out of my van and need to talk on the phone occasionally, while driving.  It's a flip of the coin whether or not it's going to work, then after I diconnect from my Garmin GPS, another flip of the coin whether I will be able to hear anything the next time I use my phone.  v51 has some bluetooth fixes that I need!  I've tried for hours to find a way to update. Smiley Mad