Final Rogers Month Internet Usage Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Final Rogers Month Internet Usage Issues

Hey everyone,

I'm on the very final month of internet with Rogers. I'm switching over to another provider. 
Here's my question: Why can't I see this month's internet usage? I've checked periodically the last 3 weeks, but the internet usage part of the site does not load. Are they not tracking it anymore? I'm sure I've gone over 75% usage already... without a warning message in my browser. Is the final month of Rogers unlimited internet or do they do that on purpose so they can charge me additional fees later? 

If you know what's going on with this thing please inform me, thanks!

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Final Rogers Month Internet Usage Issues

While some people 'beleive' that its a ploy to have you go over..

I talked to a few CS reps and managers about this.. and its part of the way the system is set up.
When you start your 30 day final stuff with the internet.. while you can use out your 30 days usage just fine.. the system already has you in a CANCEL state for your internet.
The usage, wont show for that state on the website.
Its a problem, with the way that the site, database, satuses, etc has been set up.

In the new IDEABOX, there is an idea posted there about how they need to change this.. and hopefully they do at some point.

Your best thing for now.. is if you call in, they should still be able to see that usage that way.. they should be able to give you a %.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I've cancelled my LITE rogers service and given my 30 notice - and now the usage meter isn't available.   I get the following message "This account has been cancelled. As a result, limited functions are available."

I'm not sure which functions they've left me - I would have thought the usage meter was pretty important. Am I to call in daily to find out my usage to date?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Maybe you get unlimited until the 30 days are up as they try to win you back? I doubt it but you never know...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@jackie999 wrote:

I've cancelled my LITE rogers service and given my 30 notice - and now the usage meter isn't available.   I get the following message "This account has been cancelled. As a result, limited functions are available."

I'm not sure which functions they've left me - I would have thought the usage meter was pretty important. Am I to call in daily to find out my usage to date?

Everytime or anytime you make any sort of changes to your account, it auto disables certain OR all usage details online until the next billing cycle. The reason is because the changes that you make might affect your actual usage making the Usage Detail portion of your My Account access possibly incorrect thus giving you false information. 

So in this case...if you do become curious as to where you are in terms of your usage, the only option is to call in to customer service and have them tell you.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Actually, I did change my plan a few months back, since I couldn't afford the higher tier, and the usage meter was always available, except the 'maximum' was wrong-but there was a message at the top....something to the effect of there had been a change, so the maximum may not be correct.
This time, on cancellation, they've completely disabled the meter. I question their motives....

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

yep, if you're lucky sometimes the usage meter will still be available but it's rare. it happened to me once too and I was surprised but after that i picked up on the pattern. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

On Nov. 1, 2011, I upgraded my FREE Rogers Internet Security to Premium at $4.99 per month. As of Nov. 1, 2011, my internet usage meter has not worked. I get this message by Monthly Usage: Usage Not Available. So, thanks to your answer here, Melly, hopefully my Internet usage meter will appear again after my next billing cycle. Thanks for the information!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While some people 'beleive' that its a ploy to have you go over..

I talked to a few CS reps and managers about this.. and its part of the way the system is set up.
When you start your 30 day final stuff with the internet.. while you can use out your 30 days usage just fine.. the system already has you in a CANCEL state for your internet.
The usage, wont show for that state on the website.
Its a problem, with the way that the site, database, satuses, etc has been set up.

In the new IDEABOX, there is an idea posted there about how they need to change this.. and hopefully they do at some point.

Your best thing for now.. is if you call in, they should still be able to see that usage that way.. they should be able to give you a %.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the speedy reply! I'll give em a call and see where I'm at. I appreciate it!