cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Features that Online Manager should include in the future.

franklin77
I've Been Here Awhile

I use online manager with my current home phone account and I do like it quite a bit.  It is great to be able to create of list of who you want to be allowed to contact you and when.  There are two features I think would be great to add to the online manager to make it an even better product.

1)  An option to accept calls from those in your contacts and send all other calls to voicemail.  That way on the outside chance that someone important is calling that is not on your contact list, they can at least leave you a message.  Not currently an option, but it should be.

2)  A feature that automatically switches to different privacy modes on a user defined schedule.  Eg...

I'm sleeping from 11 to 7am I only want to take calls from my contacts.

Then I'll take calls from anyone until my baby has her nap at 2.

At 2 I don't want any interruptions so I'll put in in DND mode.

Then from 3 to say 6 anyone can call again.

6 I'm eating dinner so I'll only accept calls from my contacts from now until bed time.

Thats a pretty standard schedule that would require me to log on to the online manager 5 or 6 times a day to make changes.  It would be nice to set that schedule up once and only need to log in on a day where the schedule was different from that.

I'm no programmer but that doesn't seem like a difficult function to add and I think a lot of people with regular schedules would like online manager a lot better if it didn't require so much micro management.

If anyone has ins at Rogers and could pitch those ideas I think they would enhance the product for a minimal effort so relay that message for me.

Cheers,

Broden

***edited labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Features that Online Manager should include in the future.

pcbutler
I've Been Here Awhile

An ability to block ALL 888, 800, and 818 numbers as most of these are just from scammers

RogersRavi
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi Franklin,

Thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely pass the message along.

Hi pcbutler,

Many different organizations use one or more of the following toll free numbers 888, 800, 818…..and etc. when calling out.

So we won’t be able to block them all.

It seems that is almost summer and Franklin's GREAT suggestion from last summer has still not been used.  Everyone I know with this feature agrees that this is what is needed.  Would love to see a simple schedule implemented, It is such a hassle to set up all the time, would be great to have an auto feature.  I'm going to hold my breath until this is done so please start working on it ASAP.  Thanks.  

mferguson
I've Been Around

I agree, the onlinemanager is very limited.

we need

1. The ability to accept calls from privacy list and let other calls go to voicemail

2. The ability to create a schedule to turn on or off different features

Regards

Marlon

In all Onesty, the more features you ask for the more your bill will become, some of us want a basic home phone service and just that. No bells and wissles. Why should i pay more for a feature I dont want? now on the other hand if I actually want the feature I would not mind paying for it, but im on a Tight budget here, just bought a house and paying off a wedding. I need to save as mutch as possible, and reduce my bill, I can afford to not have thees fancy schmancy features for now

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 in conversation