Favourites Button

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Favourites Button

Why, oh why, does the favourites button now bring up a guide, as opposed to just clicking through the channels I indicate are favourites.

It would be okay to bring up the guide, if the guide wasn't so agonizingly slow.

While I'm on the topic of the guide

This guide is so slow it's almost painful. I can't imagine why such a plain and simple guide, takes so long to load and navigate through. At times I press the page down button and it will take 10-15 seconds to respond. This is totally unacceptable.

A slow guide is almost enough reason to drop the rogers TV service.

Please do some research next time you make changes to the guide, or the favourites functionality.

Everytime I press my guide button it ends with me cursing Roger's name.

Please fix everything about your guide and your favourites button.

Rich

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Re: Favourites Button

Judging from your comments about being slow, I'm guessing you have a Nextbox 2 or something else? The Nextbox 3 is far superior and lightning fast by comparison. As for bringing up a "guide" for favourites, that's just the way it works. You get 5 favourites at a time and can scroll through them, either singly or by paging down, which will give you 5 at a time. I came from an 8300HD PVR before the NB 3 and it had a completely ridiculous favourites feature. When you set channels as favourites, you couldn't select one of them, you had to let the box tune every channel in your favourites until you reached the one you really wanted.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you are on a rental, I would suggest going from a 2 to 3, as jumboden said, it is lightning fast.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm actually on a Nextbox 1.0.

Like I said, I wouldn't mind the favourites button pulling up the guide, if the guide was even remotely quick.

Looks like I'll head to Rogers and upgrade to a Nextbox 3.0

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Huh?  Nextbox 1?  Where are you located?  Are you in NB?  There is no Nextbox 1 in Ontario.   There is no Nextbox 3 in NB

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Favorites Button

I am using an HD box: Explorer 4642HD, and I have nothing good to say about the new "improved" guide, and especially about how the Favorites button works. Now when you press the Favorites button, you get your favorites listed on the guide. You achieve the same thing if you first press Guide then press Favorites.

In the earlier version, if you were watching a channel, pressing the Favorites button would scroll through your favorite channels, but if you were in the guide, pressing the Favorites button would scroll you through your favorite channels in the guide. So in actual fact there has been the direct opposite of an improvement since a function has been removed.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I, too, am completely fed up with the Netbox.  I am used to having the Favorites button take me to the next channel on my favourites list.  I hate it that it now takes me to the Guide instead.

I have two other TVs that don't have Netbox.  They're much more user friendly.

Is there some option to change this?  Is Rogers listening, and will they correct this awful feature?

I'm renting the Netbox.  I think I'll be returning it if this isn't fixed soon.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The new software on the nextbox may not have the programmability/functionality to do it the same way.

Assuming you don't have a huge # of favorites, hitting the favorites button should then yes bring you to a guide like list of all favorites.

I only like have 10, so it's actually quicker for me to switch to it that way, if it's one that's normally at the end of the list.