Fast forward gets stuck

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Fast forward gets stuck

Cisco box.  Basically missed two NFL games.  Recorded the games.  When I play back I fast forward through commercials and half time.  Problem is, it's then stuck in FF mode.  No buttons work, not even Power, either on remote or on box.  I rebooted but same problem when I tried to playback again.  I've had this happen on occasion in other programs but usually it goes for a while then gives me back control eventually.  Seems to be program-specific, i.e., it will happen over and over in one program while others have no problem.

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Fast forward gets stuck

JEL have you experienced this issue on any other boxes?

Does anyone else in the community have suggestions?

Rogers_Kate

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A few have reported this, but i have not.

Many of the newer boxes seem to be a lot more picky about signal. Some people have resolved issues by pointing more direct at it. Also glass front panels seem to sometime effect it.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Never had this issue on the old boxes.  Of course, they had their own serious problems.  I exchanged them a couple of times at Costco.  The most recent time it had been replaced by the Cisco box.  Since then I've had this happen off and on occasionally on random programs, though not lately - until last week.  And as I said, it's program specific (so it can't be the glass or how I point the remote, etc.).  When it happens in a program it will always happen in that program but not others.  Only two cures: unplug the box and reboot or wait till it goes and goes and then it eventually reboots itself.  In any case, it's impossible to watch with FF and with something like a commercial-filled football game I give up and just delete it.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello JEL

I am having the same issue but with most of the recordings. Its been such frustrating thing because you would think Rogers could handle this... Its not the box or the remote. Its the software.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, its odd.. i have never had mine do that... FF to far, and due to slugish repsonse, not accept it in time, and have to go too far and have to rewind.

Which exact model do you guys have? Maybe there is some difference that way (as we all should have the same software version)

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I have the 8642 NextBox HD PVR & the Nextbox HD Box. Both do the same exact thing. Even my buddy down the street has the same issue. Its not the box, its the software. The box i got was brand new. So 4 boxes i had having the same exact issue? Seems a software problem.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would tend to agree that its primarily or most likely a software issue.

Just saying, i havent experienced it once, and i have had the new IPG on it since day one available... so SOMETHING on mine is omitting it?  we have heard a number of others on here complain of the same thing.. but not EVERY new IPG user (at least, that they have said).

So there has to be SOMETHING triggering it, but not on all.. software + area?

Im not trying to argue 🙂 just saying if it was 100% software, more likely 100% of the users would experience it? (like the insane lag that happened for a while (moreso than the normal)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the Explorer 8642HD.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JEL wrote:

I have the Explorer 8642HD.

Sorry, should have been more specific 🙂 there are a couple of models of the 8642HD, with different sized hard drives.  I beleive it should be listed on the sticker on the back.