Fairchild HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Fairchild HD

It may be, that only bell has negotiated with them so far for the channel.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Anyone contacted Rogers yet expressing interest in Fairchild HD?

It took forever for SPACE HD, and longer still for AMC HD.

As there is a signigicant Chinese Community in Toronto and Ottawa, does Rogers really want to alienate another group of viewers?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hopefully rogers is looking into this.  That doesnt mean it will be readily available though.

To obtain any channel (other than the ones that rogers own), they need to pay rights to have it to the channel provider.  If the channel provider wants insanely large amounts of money.. or they just dont want to sell the rights to a provider, there it not much that can be done.

That was the case with SPACEHD for the longest time. Its a bell owned channel, and bell wanted the exclusive rights to it.  Eventualy rogers was able to pay for it and obtain it.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hey GDKITTY.

This was more of a rhetorical (sarcastic) question !!! Smiley Tongue

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

AH 😛

Well, posted anyways... as many people come here, beleiving that just because a company does have rights to a channel, they get all that channels incarnations.. or dont know why a company doenst get a specific channel when another one does.

I'm Here A Lot

According to the FAQs, http://fairchildtv.com/faq_HD.php

Rogers showed "interest" - but not sure when they are getting the channel.

If Rogers is reading this, I am expressing my Interest to this channel , please get it soon!

Thank you

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've just received the following tweet from Rogers:

Fairchild 2 TV HD and TalentVision 2 HD now available for Rogers customers. Free preview until July 30th (ch. 674 and 675) ^SM

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm.. free preview.

Now.. question comes down to.. how to purchase.

I just checked the website, still only showing the regular fairchild, so may not be 'orderable' yet, maybe till closer to the end of the free preview.

Guessing it will be an 'a la carte' like the regular fairchild.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I think it will be priced similarly with the other guy - $19.xx for both Fairchild + Fairchild HD.  (According to the Fairchild's FAQ on their site, CRTC license requires Fairchild HD to be bundle with regular Fairchild.)

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Possibly.
Speaking of that, when I was looking for it on the Rogers channel section, saw those references a number of times, saying that certain ones had to be in there by crtc mandate.
Not 100% sure why... It's things like that which prevent a truly customizable tv package impossible 😞