cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facetime got confused with Long distance

Cholo
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

I just received a huge long distance bill. I frequently talk to a friend overseas using facetime. By mistake I must of hit his mobile number in Latin America (the number we use to connect with Facetime). 

When placing this call I received no warining at all that this was a long distance call, no beep, no audio message, nothing. It easly went through to 7,000 miles away! I just happened to notice this terrible mistake when receiving my bill.

I can't even find a configuration to disable long distance calls. And in the end, if I disable them, I wouldn't be able to make calls to and from Toronto-Montreal-Ottawa ("shorter" long distance calls that every once in a while I do need to make).

This is very dissapointing. I think iPhone and Rogers make this easy to happen. Thanks.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Facetime got confused with Long distance

RogersMay
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @Cholo,

Welcome to the Community Forums! 🙂

I understand mishaps could happen 😞

To avoid such scenarios from happening again, we do offer users an option to place a block only for international long distance calls and still be able to make North American calls.

Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps if you would like for us to add this block for you. 🙂

RogersMay

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersMay
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @Cholo,

Welcome to the Community Forums! 🙂

I understand mishaps could happen 😞

To avoid such scenarios from happening again, we do offer users an option to place a block only for international long distance calls and still be able to make North American calls.

Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps if you would like for us to add this block for you. 🙂

RogersMay

Cholo
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks very much

Cholo
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, please block the service. I have struggled to do it myself. 

Thanks

@Cholo,

We have reached out to you via private message a couple weeks back but did not get a response. Putting the block onto your account requires us to get your account information.

Please send us a private message the next time you are online to @CommunityHelps and we can assist you further from there.

@RogersGabrielle

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation