FaceUnlock &Google Voice Search sgh-i727R

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

FaceUnlock &Google Voice Search sgh-i727R

Face Unlock is in the system, but in Settings - Security, it's not an option, anyone else see this?
Google Voice Search is available, just not sure if it is in Canada. I know that you can ask the question verbally, but I'm looking to get the response verbally instead of it opening up a website?

****Edited Labels****

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FaceUnlock &Google Voice Search sgh-i727R

I don't know if this will help, but...

1. From the home screen, press Menu > Settings.
  2. Go to the Security tab.
  3. Go to Screen Lock.
  4. Select Face Unlock.
  5. Tap Set It Up.

Other people on other sites (Phandroid) are complaining that they didn't get the Face Unlock with ICS from Rogers... rumour mill says that Jelly Bean will have and enhanced version. Seems like some got it, others didn't, regardless of phone.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Chrystiality, thanks but the only option is the pattern lock. Facelock IS on my system, it's just not an available selection?
My other question about Voice Search is that it works, but there's no audio response, only displays the correct Web pages... I'm just not sure if it's because it's only providing verbal responses in the US?
I tweeted rogers "help"? Yesterday but their reply was not particularly helpful...
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I own a i727R and upgrade to ICS a week ago, the face unlok works perfects, but I see it too fast, one shot to the camera and goes directly to pin #, I take it away.