FaceTime

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

FaceTime

I have a iPhone 4S with a 6gb data plain. Does any one know if I need to sign up for a shared data plain. To use FaceTime over 3G with out being charged extra like a keep hearing and reading. Also do I get charge for teathering If/when I decide to use it. I can't find information about this anywhere. I hope some one can help me out.

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: FaceTime

Tethering is included with your data package. If you call Rogers they will give you all this info as well.

Also if you go on the Rogers site & go to Plans - Individual Plans - Built Your Own Combo & scroll down to step 2 ( Data). You will see data plans & on the far right side it will say if tethering is included or not.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I think you should be fine with your existing data plan. I have an old 6gb Blackberry data plan on my line, and LTE worked fine for me as soon as my 5 was activated. I didn't change my plan at all, and everything including Facetime works fine.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

That is correct. You do not need change your data plan at all in order to use LTE or facetime.

Facetime will work with any data you have. You will not be charged for it either. It will just use the data from your account you have.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for your help. Guess I just need to use it and find out when i get my bill. That is good to hear. I guess what I've been reading is for at&t Rogers USA.

How about teathering does that use your data package. Or is there a hidden fee. I'm shock Rogers does not have information about either FaceTime or teathering.

Thanks again. For your help and time.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Tethering is included with your data package. If you call Rogers they will give you all this info as well.

Also if you go on the Rogers site & go to Plans - Individual Plans - Built Your Own Combo & scroll down to step 2 ( Data). You will see data plans & on the far right side it will say if tethering is included or not.

View solution in original post