FOX Sports Racing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: FOX Sports Racing

@Nissan1

I can help.  Smiley Happy

I see that FOX Sports Racing is available with the following TV packages:

• Digital VIP 
  • VIP Movies Plus 
  • VIP Ultimate & Movies (w/TMN) 
  • HD VIP 
  • VIP Ultimate & Movies 2 (w/Super Channel) 
  • VIP Movies Plus 2 
  • VIP Ultra Movies Package 
  • Extra Sports- **Ontario only**

Please note that this channel is not yet available in all area and are subject to be changed or realigned.

Thanks

RogersAliciaG

Nissan1
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @RogersAliciaG.
Too bad it's not a stand alone channel.
I'm not about to pay another $13+ to VIP, just to get ONE channel

pboc
I'm Here A Lot

I'm sick and tired of Rogers raising the price and taking channels away. I used to have the Speed Channel and now nothing, I can't get Fox Racing unless I stream it (at risk of a virus) or pay them more money to upgade to VIP. We don't even get cp24! This is a channel I can get by sticking a paper clip in the back of an old TV again I would have to pay more $$$$ for something that should be included in the most basic cable package.

We have been with Rogers for over 10 years now and it it time for them to go. I'm looking into Bell Vibe and highly doubt I will ever be back at Rogers and will be advising all my friends to do the same

Good Bye

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@pboc so what package do you have? Basic Cable? I'm afraid that auto racing (except maybe NASCAR) appeals to more sophisticated customers than your stick-and-ball games found on basic cable. The cable package model is designed to squeeze the maximum amount of money out of customers. But $25 Skinny Basic plus Pick & Pay is on its way. The companies just don't want to show their hand and reveal their P&P pricing to the competition. Maybe you'll be able subscribe to Skinny Basic plus FOX Sports Racing and a couple others at a reasonable cost, but my guess is that VIP may still be cheaper.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@pboc wrote:

I'm sick and tired of Rogers raising the price and taking channels away. I used to have the Speed Channel and now nothing, I can't get Fox Racing unless I stream it (at risk of a virus) or pay them more money to upgade to VIP. We don't even get cp24! This is a channel I can get by sticking a paper clip in the back of an old TV again I would have to pay more $$$$ for something that should be included in the most basic cable package.

We have been with Rogers for over 10 years now and it it time for them to go. I'm looking into Bell Vibe and highly doubt I will ever be back at Rogers and will be advising all my friends to do the same

Good Bye

Bell also does yearly, etc price raises on their packages.. so you wont be escaping that.
And if my memory serves me right, when speed channel changed (the channel owner changed it and its content, not the carriers), Bell droped it as well.
Bell does not carry Fox Racing either.

Not saying not to switch.. you need to do what is best for you.
But I urge you to do ALL your research, etc before hand...
The grass always seems greener on the other side... but isn't always so.

Nissan1
I Plan to Stick Around

@pboc CP24 is on the most basic package, so I'm not sure what you are on about there...

FSR is only on Rogers (still), and not available on Bell or Shaw.
so you are stuck in the same boat as I am... no FSR because it's beyond my budget 😞

@OLDYELLR I'm currently looking for any info on the new ' Skinny Basic', but of course there is none.
If you know where I can find any info, please pass it on to me! 🙂

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There really isnt anything yet 😞

By march 1st, Skinny basic is suposed to be available.  It will be a SMALL package, consisting of a bunch of channels mandated by the CRTC.  All canadian content.  May include stuff like CTV, CP, etc?  This will cost no more than $25.
(carriers can add MORE to it it at their disgression).
At this time, they CAN provide individual channels & or packages to add onto it.. but they dont HAVE to, until Dec.  At that point ALL carriers must have skinny basic and all the individual channels, etc available.

Pricing on the individual channels?  It may vary.  You can bet that POPULAR channels (HBO, sports channels, etc) are likely to cost MORE than more basic channels.
And this isnt just likely gouging from the carriers.. it may be as much from the channel owners.  EG: HBO, rogers has to now work on NEW licensing deals to get that channel on a one by one (vs in a bulk deal with others).. and the channel owner will have control over how much they ask the carriers for it.

Nissan1
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @Gdkitty I already know the basics, and possibly more since I'm in London where we tested it a few years ago 😉

BUT, when did they change the date from 'By March 2016' to December 2016?
Last I read the CRTC had the date set at March...
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

let me see if i can find it.

It pretty much came down to the wording on it.. 
that skinny and full pick and pay are two sperate things.. and for march its the 'can' provide vs MUST.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2015/2015-96.htm

Moreover, by March 2016, all discretionary services will have to be offered by licensed broadcasting distribution undertakings (BDUs) either on a pick-and-pay basis or in small, reasonably priced packages, which may either be created by the subscriber (for example, pick-5 or pick-10) or pre-assembled (for example, theme packs)

Further, by December 2016, all discretionary services will have to be offered on both a pick-and-pay and a small package basis by all licensed BDUs. This will give distributors time to make the changes that are needed to roll out these new options to their subscribers.

So by march, they have to have the skinny basic... they CAN have full pick and pay.. or can just have addon packs to basic.
By Dec.. they HAVE to have full pick and pay.