FOX Sports Racing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nissan1
I Plan to Stick Around

FOX Sports Racing

Today I turn on channel 409 Fox Sports Racing, and it says "Not Authorized"
I'll ASSUME this means the 'free preview' is over now, and it ISN'T included in my current package...

I would like to thank Rogers for keeping me informed of this channel's status and that I would be loosing it as of today; and what package I would have to buy in order to KEEP the channel! 😞

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: FOX Sports Racing

I can still get it with the VIP package. I would recommend it because it gets all the TSN channels too. But if you want to watch World Rally Championship, that used to be on Speed, you have to order BEIN at extra cost, so FOX Sports Racing didn't entirely replace Speed.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Nissan1
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks OlsYellr, but VIP is well above my budget. I'm already spending more than I should be on Digital Plus.

I think I'm going to have to 'cut the cord' again, since the main reason for returning to Rogers was because they brought back Speed (as FSR). 😕

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The sad problem is.. that many of the sports PERIOD.. are not readily always available online 😞

Soccer seems to be..
NHL and MLB have their own online stuff...

Not so sure about everything else 😞

Sports has such heavy ties with cable/satalite.. its the hardest thing to cut the cord with.

RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@Nissan1

I am glad you got to enjoy our free preview of Fox Sports Racing. 

We often update our free preview offers and would like to invite you to have a look at our free preview web page on rogers.com. Click here for more free previews  Smiley Wink

Thank you

RogersAliciaG

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Thanks for the free preview link. The trouble is when these channels appear, the customer doesn't know they're teasers and is disappointed when they become extra cost channels. We're all trying to keep the cost of our cable reasonable and don't want to pay any more than the customary annual increases.

Nissan1
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the link to the preview page @RogersAliciaG .

I've never been able to find it before.
What would be nice is if they would show on that page is what packages these channels belong to.

As for Fox Sports Racing, they still don't have it listed in the packages, so again, I have NO IDEA what packages are needed in order to view this channel. 😞
Or maybe I can get this channel as an 'add on'??

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Believe me, it's virtually impossible to get a listing of the actual channels in your package from Rogers. It used to be available, but not anymore. The easiest way is to page through the Guide on your box, but you still won't know which channels are temporary promotional teasers and it won't tell you if you're getting what you're supposed to.

Your monthly cable bill used to tell you about new channels and realignments in the small print at the end. Now I only get a bill a couple of times a year because it's paid by automatic bank withdrawal. A couple of weeks ago I switched to on-line billing, expecting to see monthly statements, but so far the latest one I can see is still for  Feb 15, 2015.

Nissan1
I Plan to Stick Around

I hear ya @OLDYELLR
I looked extensively before I ever signed up... As close as you can get to it is to compare packages, and scroll through the 100's of channels (including the radio channels)
It's unbelieveable in this day and age that they can't give complete channel listings for each and every package... and keep it updated!

As for the notes on the bill, yes, I would expect information about Free Previews (and updates) on the bill... even though my online bill for June JUST came in today... but nothing there.
Last month's bill did have info regarding changes to the digital box 'rent to own' program...

Nissan1
I Plan to Stick Around

How is it that NO ONE from Rogers (here or on the phone) can answer what should be a very easy question?!? Smiley Frustrated 
I can only assume no Rogers front line personal have been told ANYTHING about this channel...
It's not in their package listings, nor can they tell me if I can get this channel as a stand alone. 
Smiley Sad