cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY!!! Search function on Rogers PVR! ...not so fast!

Salinger
I Plan to Stick Around

I was thrilled to see in a recent email from Rogers that finally there is a search function in Rogers PVR, even if it is buried in the awful Quick Start Guide.

To date though, it has not functioned at all. Every time I've tried to do search, after entering just two letters, I get "sorry, the search has encountered a problem. Please re-enter your request (2)"

So frustrating. Rogers finally gets a most basic function other providers have had for years and it doesn't even work. Why am I not surprised? Has anyone had any luck using search, or is it typical Rogers functionality?

***Edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: FINALLY!!! Search function on Rogers PVR! ...not so fast!

mousetamer
I'm a Trusted Contributor
It isn't always 3 days. When I had my 8642 updated to the new guide it was almost 3 days before the search worked. The first of my new Nextboxes took about the same, maybe a little less. My second Nextbox took less than 2 days. I'm guessing that the search is dependent on the daily 2 am update and it may not always get pushed to the box the first or second night.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

keds2300
I've Been Here Awhile

I just switched to Rogers from Bell TV on Friday.  I just returned the 8642HD today since none of the features work and brought home the 8300. I was excited to see a Search function since this is a feature I relied on heavily with my Bell PVR.  I really wasn't surprised that it didn't work based on all of the issues I've already had!  It's been less than a week, but I'm already regretting my decision to switch.

Jbrookman
I've Been Here Awhile
Same problem here and their tech help told me to reboot which did nothing.

mousetamer
Is this on a brand new box or one with the new IPG by any chance? If it is, it can take up to 3 days for the search to populate itself and work.

AlH
I've Been Here Awhile

I have the 8642HD & the search works great!

Everything else is a little slower after the "upgrade"

3 days for full IPG??? Are you serious? Now that's really slow!!!

Al.

: > )

G2G!

mousetamer
It isn't always 3 days. When I had my 8642 updated to the new guide it was almost 3 days before the search worked. The first of my new Nextboxes took about the same, maybe a little less. My second Nextbox took less than 2 days. I'm guessing that the search is dependent on the daily 2 am update and it may not always get pushed to the box the first or second night.

View solution in original post