Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Service Interruptions Thread

RogersRoland
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey Community,

We created a page dedicated to service interruptions for Rogers TV, Internet and Home Phone. This is a pilot and we’d love your feedback.

Please do not post technical or account support questions here. Instead, please visit the appropriate board within the community and ask your question there. Alternatively, if you require assistance, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps or reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter. To learn more about private messaging, please read this blog.

As always, the Community Guidelines and Terms of Use apply. Thanks for your contribution and for helping make the community a pleasant place to be!

52 REPLIES 52

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Service Interruptions Thread

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Although I don't get the "access denied" message, I'm taken to the top of the (same) thread if I click the hyperlinks for Ottawa and Simcoe/YD.  All the other hyperlinks work fine for the various areas.  I'm guessing those two hyperlinks are messed up.

Instead of clicking the hyperlink, you can simply scroll down to the post regarding your area in that thread.  There are currently no outages reported in Ottawa in the thread.

User14
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@57 wrote:

Instead of clicking the hyperlink, you can simply scroll down to the post regarding your area in that thread.  There are currently no outages reported in Ottawa in the thread.

That worked! Thanks.    So many glitches, so much wasted time. 

User14

It is nice to see that there was a reported Outage like yesterday, Wednesday 28 Nov 2018 in the Ottawa Area. It saves a lot of time wondering what is going on.  But shouldn't the report have more information?   Let's say under Estimated Time to Repair (ETR) - unknown    or under Identified Cause - scheduled maintenance?  I can get the information using my iPad and LTE when my PC is offline which is also good to know.

Ottawa Area Outage 181128.jpg

Hello @User14,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback on the Service Interruptions thread. I can understand how important it is to have an Estimated Time of Resolution (ETR) so you can plan ahead.

While we'd love to be able to provide an ETR for all outages it can be very difficult to determine how long it could take to resolve an issue based on the nature of it. It's also possible that complications can arise that push back the resolution of an issue. If the outage is due to scheduled maintenance or some planned event we are usually able to provide an ETR. For unplanned outages, it gets a lot more tricky. A fibre cut, for instance, can take upwards of 12 hours to repair as each individual strand of fibre needs to be repaired one at a time.

We are able to notify you via Email or Text message with updates regarding any outages that do occur but you'll need to reach out to us to provide us with your contact information to have that arranged.

I hope this helps make things a bit clearer!

RogersTony

User14

@RogersTony wrote:

Hello @User14,

While we'd love to be able to provide an ETR for all outages it can be very difficult to determine how long it could take to resolve an issue based on the nature of it. It's also possible that complications can arise that push back the resolution of an issue. If the outage is due to scheduled maintenance or some planned event we are usually able to provide an ETR. For unplanned outages, it gets a lot more tricky. A fibre cut, for instance, can take upwards of 12 hours to repair as each individual strand of fibre needs to be repaired one at a time.

What I was trying to say is that  stating "Unknown" or "Unavailable" is more informative than leaving the field blank.

carroll
I've Been Here Awhile

It may be hard to believe but everyone does not have a phone with texting ability. After service was restored, I went back to my e-mail to find two notices from Rogers about my service being down. I knew my service was down. Sending an e-mail that I could not read because my service was down, telling me my service was down, seems a little inane.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@carroll  you are exactly right. Those of us who have prepaid phone plans and only turn them on when we leave the house would not be receiving such texts until after the fact the next time we turn our phones on.  That is if the message is still available.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@carroll wrote:

Sending an e-mail that I could not read because my service was down, telling me my service was down, seems a little inane.

Many people have several options for obtaining their communications. For example, when the Rogers internet in a particular area is down, they may still communicate via their phones (SMS or e-mail, etc).  Also, sometimes it may just be TV that's down, or Rogers Home Phone, or restricted to a certain area.  Or people may have access at the office or at a friends or neighbour's. So, the communication you mention may be inane for you, but may be helpful for others.  The communication may also contain an ETR (estimated time of repair), or the second notice may say something like "service has been restored," so they no longer need to use their alternate means of communication.

carroll
I've Been Here Awhile

FYI, I got a the same message from Rogers this morning at 9.15 a.m. as I got last night saying Rogers was still working on the problem when, in fact, the service was restored last night. Some people who have alternate ways of receiving your messages might think the service was still down.

Bearwithme94
I've Been Around
I think this is good, but disappointed this forum is necessary. I have been without cable, home phone and internet for the 4 hrs I've been home, and I am led to believe it's been out much longer.
There is no indication of what the problem is, or when it will be fixed. This is bad news for those if us who rely on our internet/wifi for our jobs.
More detail would be helpful for me to understand what the problem is and why it is taking so long to correct.

RogersMoin

Hello, @Bearwithme94.

Thank you for joining the Rogers Community Forums. Losing all three services for so long can be disruptive. Knowing more details about the service interruption and the estimated time of resolution can be helpful. 

We appreciate your feedback as we are continually looking for ways to improve. We'll pass along your suggestions for the review. 

We welcome you to reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter or send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so that we can fetch more details for you. 

RogersMoin