FEEDBACK - Rogers Service Interruptions Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Service Interruptions Thread

Hello @Artem_alf!

Welcome to our Community!

If you don't see it posted here, then it's likely not a known outage. Please reach out to us directly via PM @CommunityHelps so we can look any service interruption you may have to see if it is an outage, so this page can be updated accordingly.

If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I went to this page to look for service interuptions 

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Residential-Service/Rogers-Service-Interruptions-TV-Internet-H...

I found that when I clicked on the various areas I could see a table showing outages.

eg. Southwestern Ontario

ETR (Local Time)
Identified Cause
 TILLSONBURG2018/11/27  
 All areas, except for the Ottawa Area.  When I clicked that link I got this message:
Access Denied.png

It seems like every time I try to do something, there is a glitch with the software.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Although I don't get the "access denied" message, I'm taken to the top of the (same) thread if I click the hyperlinks for Ottawa and Simcoe/YD.  All the other hyperlinks work fine for the various areas.  I'm guessing those two hyperlinks are messed up.

Instead of clicking the hyperlink, you can simply scroll down to the post regarding your area in that thread.  There are currently no outages reported in Ottawa in the thread.

@57 wrote:

Instead of clicking the hyperlink, you can simply scroll down to the post regarding your area in that thread.  There are currently no outages reported in Ottawa in the thread.

That worked! Thanks.    So many glitches, so much wasted time. 

It is nice to see that there was a reported Outage like yesterday, Wednesday 28 Nov 2018 in the Ottawa Area. It saves a lot of time wondering what is going on.  But shouldn't the report have more information?   Let's say under Estimated Time to Repair (ETR) - unknown    or under Identified Cause - scheduled maintenance?  I can get the information using my iPad and LTE when my PC is offline which is also good to know.

Ottawa Area Outage 181128.jpg

Highlighted

Hello @User14,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback on the Service Interruptions thread. I can understand how important it is to have an Estimated Time of Resolution (ETR) so you can plan ahead.

While we'd love to be able to provide an ETR for all outages it can be very difficult to determine how long it could take to resolve an issue based on the nature of it. It's also possible that complications can arise that push back the resolution of an issue. If the outage is due to scheduled maintenance or some planned event we are usually able to provide an ETR. For unplanned outages, it gets a lot more tricky. A fibre cut, for instance, can take upwards of 12 hours to repair as each individual strand of fibre needs to be repaired one at a time.

We are able to notify you via Email or Text message with updates regarding any outages that do occur but you'll need to reach out to us to provide us with your contact information to have that arranged.

I hope this helps make things a bit clearer!

RogersTony

@RogersTony wrote:

Hello @User14,

While we'd love to be able to provide an ETR for all outages it can be very difficult to determine how long it could take to resolve an issue based on the nature of it. It's also possible that complications can arise that push back the resolution of an issue. If the outage is due to scheduled maintenance or some planned event we are usually able to provide an ETR. For unplanned outages, it gets a lot more tricky. A fibre cut, for instance, can take upwards of 12 hours to repair as each individual strand of fibre needs to be repaired one at a time.

What I was trying to say is that  stating "Unknown" or "Unavailable" is more informative than leaving the field blank.

I've Been Here Awhile

It may be hard to believe but everyone does not have a phone with texting ability. After service was restored, I went back to my e-mail to find two notices from Rogers about my service being down. I knew my service was down. Sending an e-mail that I could not read because my service was down, telling me my service was down, seems a little inane.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@carroll  you are exactly right. Those of us who have prepaid phone plans and only turn them on when we leave the house would not be receiving such texts until after the fact the next time we turn our phones on.  That is if the message is still available.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@carroll wrote:

Sending an e-mail that I could not read because my service was down, telling me my service was down, seems a little inane.

Many people have several options for obtaining their communications. For example, when the Rogers internet in a particular area is down, they may still communicate via their phones (SMS or e-mail, etc).  Also, sometimes it may just be TV that's down, or Rogers Home Phone, or restricted to a certain area.  Or people may have access at the office or at a friends or neighbour's. So, the communication you mention may be inane for you, but may be helpful for others.  The communication may also contain an ETR (estimated time of repair), or the second notice may say something like "service has been restored," so they no longer need to use their alternate means of communication.