cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme Plus Waterloo 16th night of .6 MBPS after 5pm, IS Rogers Network Issue, ASK FOR CAT TEAM

RSLOW
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone else in the Kitchener Waterloo Area still experiencing very slow Download Speeds?

Averaging 1MBPS down for over 2 weeks.  Several calls to Rogers.  CAT team.  3 days ago after weeks of every level of tech support asserting this was my computer or wiring, *an employee* at CAT team said this was a Rogers Network issue, and the engineers were working on it.  No ETA for a solution.   

If you are in this area and have this same problem, please share your speeds and experiences here.  

Please call tech support, let them know this is a known Rogers Network issue, that CAT team and Engineers are aware of it, and working on it.  Ask for *an employee*, she is very familiar. 

In the "Contact Us" section of this Rogers website there is a Complain tab, where you can write the office of the president.  

I also had great success sharing my story with Elen Roseman of the Toronto star.  After emailing her the office of the president actually responded quickly, thanks to her contacting them on my behalf as well.  

Her email is: eroseman@thestar.ca

I wish there was more we could do, but letting anyone that will listen know about this awful, 1 to 2 % of advertised service we are getting for weeks now, is better than letting Rogers sweep it under the rug.  

***edited labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Extreme Plus Waterloo 16th night of .6 MBPS after 5pm, IS Rogers Network Issue, ASK FOR CAT TEAM

RSLOW
I Plan to Stick Around

Spoke with *an employee* again at the Rogers Office of the President.  A very friendly and knowledgable person. Stil, she was only able to update me that there is still no ETA for this known Rogers slow download issue.  She said it's not that bad, it's only 6 out of every 1000 Rogers customers.  It could be 1000 out of 1000 Rogers customers, I'm still getting between 600 - 800 KBPS every night from 5 until 3am.  

*an employee* in CAT is scheduled to call tomorrow with another update.  Not sure what else to do.  I called Tek Savvy today, and they informed me that Rogers has told them they cant add subscribers in certain areas in Kitchener, and elsewhere in the region due to congestion.   He offered me their re selling of FIBE as an option.  12 down 1 up and 300 GB/mo cap.   Might be worth switching too.  Anything is better than satellite speed after 5 pm every night going on 3 weeks.  

We all need to call tech support fill out a ticket, and or ask to speak to the CAT team because this is a known Rogers issue.  Unfortunately it's the only thing that get's faster results with Rogers.  It can be frustrating, but if none of us do, they will continue to say, and act as if it is not a big issue.  

You can also file a complaint with the Rogers Office of the President under "contact us" section of the Rogers website. 

Briefly telling my story to Elen Roseman of the Toronto Star got the Office of the president to respond much faster than I've had on my own with previous issues.  

her email:  eroseman@thestar.ca

PLEASE KEEP CALLING EVERYONE AFFECTED BY THIS EXTREMELY SLOW DOWNLOAD SPEED. IT REALLY IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET FASTER RESULTS.  

**edited to remove employee name - RogersGina

Re: Extreme Plus Waterloo 16th night of .6 MBPS after 5pm, IS Rogers Network Issue, ASK FOR CAT TEAM

RSLOW
I Plan to Stick Around

10/12/11 - *an employee* from Rogers CAT team called with familiar unchanged info.   Still working on the Rogers network issue, no details about said issue,  still no ETA for a solution.  She'll call back again in another week.

Still receiving congestion speeds of 1 mbps or less every night, except for Friday and Sat night of Thanksgiving weekend.  Just further evidence this is related to congestion, especially in areas loaded with apartment buildings and students.  

Many people in Southern Ontario have also been chronically their identical download speed issues here at dslreports.com a reputable site that's been around for many years. 

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r26301206-Extreme-Rogers-Extreme-10Mbps-has-been-VERY-slow-the-last-...

If you are having slow download speeds at night for weeks on end, please call tech support, get a ticket on file, ask to speak to the CAT department, prefferably to *an employee*.   That department is well aware of this issue, though the first person you speak with will likely have no idea what you're talking about, as it's not a major outtage. 

KEEP CALLING PLEASE 

**edited to remove employee name - RogersGina

Re: Extreme Plus Waterloo 16th night of .6 MBPS after 5pm, IS Rogers Network Issue, ASK FOR CAT TEAM

JeremyM
I've Been Here Awhile

I have the extreme plus and I'm experiencing the same thing. It's been happening since September so my roommates and I upgraded to the Extreme Plus (was on a lower one before). Came home and found nothing different - except our bill was bigger.

Finally called yesterday and the guy does a bunch of tests and can't fix it. He says to ask for a new modem. I go to the mall wait in the line for 45 mins (can their computers be any slower there? 45 mins and they helped 6 people). Finally it's my turn and she tells me they don't have any.

So I go back home and find that the first guy I spoke to forgot to turn back the wifi gate or something. So I call back and get another guy who tells me it's a Waterloo problem. He said there was no ETA on a fix but said he reduced our bill by 2/3.

This is veeeeery annoying. I live with 4 other guys and if we're all on at the same time it'll take me 20 minutes to watch a 2 minute youtube video.

This better be fixed soon.

JeremyM
I've Been Here Awhile

Oh, and when they were doing the tests with only me on the network directly connected to the modem with ethernet I was getting 3 to 7 upload when I'm supposed to be getting 32.

Metta
I've Been Around

Same experience in Downtown Toronto.  I am on an Ultimate plan and should get up to 50 Mbps down.  I am getting <2 Mbps and have been for 3 days now.  Customer service rep tells me the problem is now province-wide with no ETA for fix.

Will need to switch to Bell if this continues. 

tpb3000
I Plan to Stick Around

ITS THE CRAPPY SMC ROUTER. BUY A LINKSYS WIRELESS N OR G AND HOOK IT UP TO SMC VIA CABLE. THEN DISABLE WIRELESS ON THE SMC SO IT BECOMES JUST A MODEM . ITS THE **beep** SMC ROUTER 

**edited for content

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation