Extreme Plus Plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Extreme Plus Plan

You're using your previously assigned password correct?  Did you try cusadmin and "password" for the password. 

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Datalink

It's not rejecting the user ID or password, When you enter an incorrect password, it says the password is invalid. This is a different issue related to security somehow. I just edited my previous post and the IP address supposedly belongs to the DoD in the US.

Oh well, being able to log on to the CGN3 is a nice to have rather than necessary. If I really want to see firmware updates or signal strength readings, I can do a reset and reverse it again. It doesn't really take very long.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The 7. addresses are 'registerd' to the DoD.. but are NON ROUTABLE.

So there are alot of companies that use them for internal addressing, rogers included.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@Gdkitty wrote:

The 7. addresses are 'registerd' to the DoD.. but are NON ROUTABLE.

So there are alot of companies that use them for internal addressing, rogers included.

Basically, Rogers (and many others with large networks) ran out of 10.* RFC 1918 IP space. So... they started using blocks assigned to other large organizations that are not publicly routed on the Internet.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Gdkitty:

Thanks. Suspicions confirmed. I thought it might be used by Rogers, hence it's not available for customer use, which is what the message essentially says (i.e. access denied).

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

I must say that the Hybrid 150 package is impressive. I just downloaded an 850Mb file in just under 90 seconds. Smokin!!Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

I'm a gamer and have a lot of games on my PC from Steam. I downloaded a free weekend trial of a game yesterday, and was quite surprised to get a download speed of 190mbps. I didn't really expect that, which is a good sign that servers for companies like Steam can sustain that kind of download speed. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

I wanted to update this thread one last time. I have a solution for logging into the CGN3 in bridged mode, which I got working today thanks to Wayner92. If anyone wants the solution, please PM me and I'll be happy to "pay it forward". Smiley Happy

Disclaimer: I got it working with my ASUS router, but don't know if it will work with other routers.