cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme Plus Plan

jimboden
I'm an Advisor

I have the old Extreme Plus Internet package, which has a download speed of 45mbps and an upload speed of 4mbps. I check my speeds with speedtest.net and the Rogers cable app every once in a while. I've noticed over the past few days that my upload speed is now 2mbps, but download is still normal. Does anyone know if Rogers can change the upload speed by doing something to my modem/router? I have the SMCD3GN.

***edited labels***

147 REPLIES 147

Re: Extreme Plus Plan

Datalink:

Thanks for all that. I'll set up the printer properly as mentioned by VivienM first to see if that solves the problem.

I looked at Wireless Professional settings, but there's no Wireless Multicast Forwarding setting. The only reference to Multicast is Multicast Rate (mbps). One thing I have not done yet is to check for firmware updates, so I'll do that ASAP.

@jimboden wrote:

I looked at Wireless Professional settings, but there's no Wireless Multicast Forwarding setting. The only reference to Multicast is Multicast Rate (mbps). One thing I have not done yet is to check for firmware updates, so I'll do that ASAP.

Newest firmware came out in July or August; hopefully your unit has something close to that...

Note that Asus recommends that you reset all settings to factory defaults with upgrading firmware. The merits of that recommendation are... to be debated another day.

VivienM:

Just completed a firmware update. Version is 3.0.0.4.376_1663. Also just double-checked my SSID and it's the same as it was for my SMC, as is the security key.

Security Key....Weren't you using WEP previously?  Are you still using WEP, which is not supported by 802.11n?

Datalink:

Yes, I was using WEP, so that must be the problem. What I did was use my old key, but the security level is WPA Personal and It works with my iPhone. The printer is not an N device, it's much older than that. Do you know how I can use WEP? On the CGN3, it only worked by turning off WPS, but that doesn't work with the ASUS. Also, I can't seem to find a mixed mode that supports all the older devices below N, but maybe auto does it, which is where it's set.