Extreme Plus - 1 MBPS day, .6 MBPS after five 4 weeks. Rogers CAT says Known Rogers Issue Now

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Extreme Plus - 1 MBPS day, .6 MBPS after five 4 weeks. Rogers CAT SAYS ITS ROGERS ISSUE

Well the reason you laugh at the sad truth is part of the problem.  Other companies alone do not represent fair competition.  Except for Bell, which has it's own problems and offers much slower speeds in most areas, companies like Tek Savvy are just resellers on the very same Rogers network.  They are good to avoid the gauging type usage fees Rogers started with very low bandwidth usage caps., it's better to give your money to a company that treats people better.  Because it is on the same network, it subject to the very same congestion issues.   

If you want cable internet type speeds you have to go with Rogers or a reseller of Rogers network.  Perhaps Tek Savvy's reselling of Bell's FIBE will giver Rogers a run for their money, especially if they can deliver more consistent speeds at night.   Two percent or less of what I pay for every night for a month, is pathetic.  Rogers is now by far the worst company I have ever dealt with.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Extreme Plus - 1 MBPS day, .6 MBPS after five 4 weeks. Rogers CAT SAYS ITS ROGERS ISSUE

I have been having the same Issues in Guelph for the past month as well. I get the full 32Mbps during the day and around 8PM every night 1-2Mbps max. I have a long standing ticket open as well with no ETA. Prior to this my service was flawless for 1.5yrs.

I agree very frustrating and no other providers to turn to. Bell FIBE is just copper to the home as well so anyone with poor DSL will not even have the so called FIBE service which is fiber to the CO. Last mile to the home is still copper phone lines. Dont let the marketing fool you.

Can't even call to get credited for the poor service until after the issue is resolved..makes sense to me...keep your longstanding customers(20+yrs for me) hanging waiting for a resolution and offer no compensation. Great customer service all around.

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Extreme Plus - 1 MBPS day, .6 MBPS after five 4 weeks. Rogers CAT says Known Rogers Issue Now

Long time lurker of this board for the last month. Just would like to say that myself and the other students living in our house in Waterloo are beyond frustrated. We've called and called and are supposedly expected a fix by the end of this week.

Simple tasks like sending an e-mail make me want to rip out my hair. While this may not be important other issues as not being able to practice Starcraft for our school's team have caused major upsets. Even trying to load a 30 second video. It is a rental house and I do not own the Rogers accoutn so we feel so helpless here. 

I've Been Here Awhile

@ RogersSlow Are you in the Waterloo region? If so I'd like to buy you a beer for all your support and information this past two months.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

> Rogers is now by far the worst company I have ever dealt with.

I'll second that.  I've been consistently getting approx. 1 Mbps downstream speeds in the evenings for quite some time now on the Extreme plan in downtown Toronto.  

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Extreme Plus - 1 MBPS day, .6 MBPS after five 4 weeks. Rogers CAT says Known Rogers Issue Now

pathetic download speeds here in ottawa (1-2 Mb/s) - I actually get excited when it gets above 2 Mb/s.

I've made numerous calls to tech support with no resolve and conflicting diagnosis (signal too high, signal too low, faulty modem). At one point THEY called ME to tell me that my problem had been fixed. I guess that's one way to close a ticket... 

I'd go to teksavvy in a hearbeat if it weren't for the exclusive deal my apartment building has with rogers (I can't go with any other company, and I don't get any discount out if the arrangement). 

I moved my cell phone to wind recently and tether my home network through that when things get really bad - which is most of the time now. Really greatful that I don't have a cap on my mobile data plan.

the sad reality is that I am paying for a service I don't receive, and I have no recourse and no alternative; and yet, I keep on hanging on for the promise that it MAY come back in the future.  pathetic.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I do find it funny that Rogers employees are going back and editing out the name of the single employee who they could contact to get their problem with their local node/POI fixed (they're congested because Rogers hasn't done the required hardware updates before pushing their faster speeds to everyone, so all that hardware is at capacity causing major packetloss and increased latency)...

If you need to know who to contact at CAT to get your issue fixed, PM me, or go to DSLreports.com and check the Rogers forum.  The nice lady from CAT's name can be found in several mega threads there where they're also complaining about this, and complaining about Rogers technical support refusing to listen to them, or assist them in any way (other than rolling a tech to them, which is 100% useless).

Ignore the above post.  Had a nice chat with a Rogers rep. 🙂

The woman everyone's been saying to contact has been inundated with calls and complaints (hense the removal of her name).  The other good people in the CAT dept can help you as well - they know about the problems in certain areas, and are willing to help you.

Theres less chance of your complaint accidentally falling through the cracks (and therefore getting your issue escalated faster) if you just ask for any available member of the CAT dept.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for your thoughts.  I have dealt with this nonsense multiple times every year for 3 years and after months of problems finally decided to be one of the people that outlines how bad this company treats some of it's customers.  

If we all did, and kept filing complaints, hopefully something will change for us consumers.  Just before this now 1 month of 1 mbps or less speeds at night I had all kinds of crazy usage  charges, upgrading 2 times just so I didnt have to worry about getting gauged for overage fees that are indesputable according to Rogers billing and "retention aka customer relations" department.  Even the phone companies let you dispute calls that look incorrect.  

I see someone from Rogers removed employees names from my posts.  

I only reference those employees because the tier one tech support staff was simply telling people there was no issue that anyone knew of, as has always been my experience with Rogers.   Unless it's a major hours long outtage Rogers never has any information or bulletin system accurate enough to inform its customers.  That would save hundreds of useless service calls set up by oblivious reps for people effected by Rogers own issues, that it already knows about. 

With Rogers Tech reps never making a singe effort to even check many customers complaints.  If Rogers were simply easier to deal with, more forth coming and honest, I wouldnt have to list specific peoples names just to get the 5th rep some poor person has dealt with to even believe them. 

I was told by *an employee* In Rogers Office of the President that the upgrade to the congested node in my area of North Waterloo would be completed this week.  Its almost over and its not fixed for me yet.  

We need protection and help as consumers.   The phrase "the customer is always right" used to exist because if you didn't take that attitude, at least initially, with your customers, they would go to your competition.   Well Rogers knows its a nightmare to even call their tech support, so they count on many not calling, they know there is no independantly owned cable or equivellant speed internet provider in most of Canada.   No fair competion.  

Rogers has money to put glossy "high speed" ads in my mailbox.  They have money and time to mock other Internet providers slow speed and antiquated networks.  But it takes them weeks and months to fix issues that greatly degrade the quality of service for thousands of subscribers.  For that they dont have the time or money.  

Rogers attitude, at least in demonstration through actions to me over three years has been, the customer is always a piggy bank. 

As soon as I have the money for the modem and installation fee I 'm getting Tek Savvy's 12 down 1 up FIBE.  I suggest others do the same.  

*edited for use of employee name @RogersMichaelT

Seems Roseman did a story on the issue after all the complaints:

http://www.moneyville.ca/article/1073972--roseman-rogers-has-high-speed-internet-issues