Explorer 1840 rebooting

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Explorer 1840 rebooting

Wonder if anyone else is having problems with their Explorer 1840 rebooting continually.  We have already replaced the box once.  Do we need to go another model?  Not looking for a more expensive option as I feel we pay enough now.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

***Edited labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Explorer 1840 rebooting

I'm not sure you'd even be able to get a replacement 1840 anymore

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello lurker

They stopped giving out and carrying the 1840 Explorer. Thus anyone with it, will not get the same box back. They will get the newer one.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I thought that one was canned with the pace ones a while back? Could be wrong.

Best bet would be to swap for one of the newer model ones.

I've Been Here Awhile

Actually went yesterday and they gave us the explorer 1840 as the replacement to the original box we had that was cutting out and it is still cutting out.  Just curious if anyone is having this problem and it is not that I want that model as an replacement, I want to know what would be a better option without having to upgrade to another model at a higher charge. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pepperpot

Hmm weird as most stores in Toronto ( Downtown & NorthYork) & here in Scarborough do not carry them & been told not to sell them even if they have any.

which location are you in by any chance
I've Been Here Awhile

We are in Brampton, exchanged it at Dixie & Queen St (Hwy 7).  

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pepperpot

That could be why. Some stores outside of Toronto / Scarborough / North York & Mississauga do not carry them & are told not to use them & use the NextBox 3.0 & Standard SD & HD boxes. do not know how they got some
I've Been Here Awhile

Okay will make a visit on Monday for the 2nd time to exchange to a newer version of the box.  Hopefully that will correct the problem.  Thanks for everyone's help on this.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pepperpot

Hopefully this does fix your problem.. Let us know how it goes!