Existing Spotify Account

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Existing Spotify Account

For us, it also worked with the Rogers process of taking you to cancel your own Premium account. Then all we had to do was wait for the Premium account to lapse, wait a few hours and our Premium accounts would then be paid by Rogers.

Well, it worked... 2 out of 3 accounts, still no idea why the 3rd account didn't work, so we're waiting on news from Rogers.

I Plan to Stick Around

There's no reason your Spotify account should ever disappear.  The worst thing that could happen is your premium subscription is cancelled and you drop down to the free tier (which you could always just resubscribe to if the Share Everything+ Experience didn't kick in for some odd reason).

I'm Here A Lot

OK, so it worked for me. I had previously a Spotify Premium account. I canceled the subscription and configured Spotify on Rogers. On Spotify it kept telling me that I am subscribed only until the end of the last subsciption month (which was today). Then the account briefly switched to "Free" and, in about one hour, it switched back to Premium, this time with the right message: "Your subscription is associated with our partner Rogers, please refer to Rogers for questions regarding your subscription."

I've Been Here Awhile

Well, none of this worked for me. I also spent several hours with Rogers techs on the line and they couldn't help me.

My situation is even worse. I am not using Spotify as a perk. I am PAYING Rogers for it. I believe that gives me right to demand the solution. 

When I called and bought Spotify premium service from Rogers, I got right to associate 3 Spotify accounts. I linked my Spotify account (new free account) and my daughter's (an existing premium account for which we cancelled the premium subscription prior to linking it to Rogers). 

My account worked fine and it is now premium because Spotify/Rogers link for new accounts works.

My daughter's account was fine for some time and I didn't realise that it was only until the (by then cancelled) subscription was still paid for.  As soon as the subscription run out, my daughter's account went into "free" account and it DID NOT convert to premium through Rogers partnership. Now I have no way to de-link my daughter's accout and link it again with Spotify.

I need help urgently. Any ideas?

Thank you

I've Been Around

it does not work for me; I have an ongoing issue and I continue to pay spotify. Myrogers pretends that I have this service but I do not. Plus, I am unable to activate the other two so called free spotify accounts. this program is filled with bugs

I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with Rogers tech yesterday again (after talking with them at length last Saturday). They told me that they are "looking into my case" and that there is a note on the support ticket that it will be resolved in 24 hrs. I told them, no problem I will even wait 48 hrs. Given the number of messages in this forum with the same problem, I am less than optimistic. The only thing I can do now is wait another day. They said if they can't fix it they will refund me. I don't want refund, I want a service that works. There is no magic with this, someone needs to analyze the whole process and finds the bug in it. And THEN fix it. It seems to me that their support model is broken.  

I Plan to Stick Around

If you're patient and answer all the questions, they'll fix it.

Took me a few days to get it fixed but got it.

They had to reset my account because I had a legacy old school one.

Patience will get you what you want.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks  that's exactly what I am trying to do. Work it through with them. I am not being mean or unreasonable. Quite opposite. And, I know this can be done the trick is just to find the right way. I just finished my last "online chat" session with rogers help. She provided direction what to do and I will do it hoping that will resolve the problem. But it involves, removing my account from  my Rogers profile, which makes me little uneasy because at least now I have one out of three Spotify accounts working fine. If I do this change I am afraid I will screw-up that one as well.

Anyway, I will do this and report back here if it worked and if it did, I will list the steps.

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @iveljovic

Thank you for your post.

Lets take a look at your account closer and assist with your Spotify access.

I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

@RogersPrasana

I'm Here A Lot

Hi,
i've also those problems!

can someone help me in french?

Thanks in advance
Merci d'avance Smiley Wink