Existing Spotify Account

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Existing Spotify Account

Myself as well. It has been 4 months and this seems to be the only solution they have, getting the rep to just reset your experience. 

I've Been Here Awhile

My issue was also finally resolved. They went into my account and reset my experience, then I had to pick a new one, and get in touch with them again, at which point I was able to reset my experience back to Spotify. It took me a little over  two months but I was sure to request 2 months of Spotify credit. I was dealing almost exclusively with the facebook support to get that help, as the people on the phone said they didn't have the power to make  those changes.

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Hello @Buttarcup,

Are you able to access your experience now? Let us know if you need assistance!

@fooj,

Thank you for updating the Community with your resolution. We are happy to hear you can now enjoy Spotify Smiley Happy

@RogersGabrielle

I've Been Around

I have had downloaded Spotify and used the 7 day trial of the priemum option. Now that I am on a shared plan , my family and I have chosen the 24 months free spotify. I am trying to cancel my current account so that I can get on the priemum for free , however it will not allow me to do so. I have followed all of the steps and it is not working so it is very frustrating. This should be made much easier. 

Retired Moderator RogersMay
Retired Moderator

@Ruth15

Below is the information I have retrieved from the Spotify Learn More page.

How to cancel your Premium subscription:

Canceling your subscription reverts your account to the Free level.

Go to the subscription page.
Under Subscription and payment, click cancel your subscription.

Select a reason (select Other reasons if you're canceling for a promotion). Click CONTINUE.
Click CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION.
Enter your password in the password field. Click CANCEL SPOTIFY PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION.

Your subscription page now shows the date you will revert to our Free ad-based service.

I would suggest visiting the direct web page here for more information.

Depending how your subscription was activated, the process may be different.

Once the premium subscription activated through Spotify is cancelled, it should be smooth transitioning from there activating your 24 month Spotify experience. 🙂

Regards,
RogersMay

I've Been Here Awhile

I am running into a new flavor of issue after signing up for Spotify via Rogers.  At the beginning of December, I switched to a Share Everything plan with Spotify, but at the time I was an existing Spotify premium user.  After linking my experience, my Spotify account didn't recognize this association until the exist premium service elapsed (around Dec 29th).  

I just got my January Rogers bill and there was a 3rd party charge for $9.99 from Spotify on my bill.  I contacted a Rogers rep via web chat and she said I should have received a redemption code from Spotify (which I believe is incorrect) that would then apply for the 2 years of premium.

I have a ticket out to Spotify to address this, has anyone else run into this problem?

Retired Moderator

Good Evening @GGordon,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

How did you cancel your paid subscription for Spotify? Did you follow the steps @RogersHassam listed here on message 138? If you clicked on "Stay Premium" this could be why you were charged instead of Spotify automatically transitioning to your Rogers included subscription after your cancellation date.

Let us know so we can further troubleshoot.

@RogersGabrielle

I've Been Here Awhile

Oh there was no issue there.  After my pre-existing premium service elapsed, my account switched to a "free" state for about a day, and then it transitioned over to be managed by Rogers (this was stated within my Spotify account page). 

I spoke to RogersHelps on Twitter the other night and was told this was a known issue.  They credited my bill the $9.99 that was on my bill, plus corrected the issue so that I should not be charged next month.

Retired Moderator

@GGordon,

I'm happy to hear that your issue was resolved. Thank you for taking the time to update the Community!

Cheers!

@RogersGabrielle

I've Been Around

When does the Spotify subscription kick in?

I chose Spotify for my new ShareEverything plan and went through the steps of cancelling my existing Spotify premium subscription and linking it with my Rogers account.

When I log in to my Spotify account it says "Your Premium’s due to end on 2016-01-23." Does the premium from Rogers kick in after this date? How can I make sure everything is linked.