cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing Spotify Account

Dsburfitt
I Plan to Stick Around

Im thinking of revising my plan, and noticed spotify is an option for 24 months free... How does this work if i have an existing premium spotify account? do i have to cancel that in order to take advantage of this offer, i can imagine some sort of conflict.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Existing Spotify Account

Good day @Dsburfitt & @ShakTiburon!

I simply wanted to clarify the information provided above.

If you currently subscribe to Spotify outside of Rogers, your MyRogers account will not reflect this.

However, once you log into your Spotify account, you will be informed to cancel your paid Spotify account in order to take advantage of the promotion.

If you are already paying for Spotify Premium separately, you can still add it to your plan for free; there are just a couple steps you need to take.

To start, you would need to sign into your MyRogers account on Rogers.com or through the MyRogers mobile app.

They you need to Select Spotify Premium as your experience, and then sign into your Spotify account – all of this happens with MyRogers.

Once signed in, if you have a Spotify Premium paid subscription, you will need to cancel it in order to have Spotify Premium applied as a free experience on your plan.

I just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page here Smiley Wink

Let us know if you need further assistance! 

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

208 REPLIES 208

ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee
@Dsburfitt
There will be a conflict yes. It will override your current subscription.
Let me find out if that is to your benefit or not.
Give me 10 mins or so :]

Update: Okay, that was easy enough to find.
It will override your paid subscription.
It will go into the Expereience Version (which is part of the plan) and after that / end of the 24 month. It will move to Free version unless you have a subscription pending in spotify account. (The last part is solely to do with how you set it up after)

Edit: Other option is, to chose another experience (Shomi or Next Issue), and let your preimuim spotify version stay as it is but I presume, you want to save money on paying for spotify. So above mentioned would be what would happen.

Your subscription (paid) will end and be overwritten with Rogers Expereince. You can use the same acccount and log in. No need for duplicates.

Hope this helps @Dsburfitt

Dsburfitt
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for looking in to it! Much appreciated!

You're welcome (I also edited above for more info)

Cheers.

Good day @Dsburfitt & @ShakTiburon!

I simply wanted to clarify the information provided above.

If you currently subscribe to Spotify outside of Rogers, your MyRogers account will not reflect this.

However, once you log into your Spotify account, you will be informed to cancel your paid Spotify account in order to take advantage of the promotion.

If you are already paying for Spotify Premium separately, you can still add it to your plan for free; there are just a couple steps you need to take.

To start, you would need to sign into your MyRogers account on Rogers.com or through the MyRogers mobile app.

They you need to Select Spotify Premium as your experience, and then sign into your Spotify account – all of this happens with MyRogers.

Once signed in, if you have a Spotify Premium paid subscription, you will need to cancel it in order to have Spotify Premium applied as a free experience on your plan.

I just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page here Smiley Wink

Let us know if you need further assistance! 

RogersMaude

Thanks @RogersMaude for the clarification.

As far as reading on FAQs under Spotify page and reviewing documentation, it wasn't clear on the paid subscription.

Woot woot!

Edit:

@RogersMaude does @Dsburfitt need to cancel it first at Spotify then go through the experience set up? or go does the option to cancel the paid subscription occur during the Experience Set up?

Also;

I found how to cancel paid subscription on through Spotify website: Spotify

barndoor
I'm a Trusted Contributor

OK ... I know nothing about this stuff So I learn by what I read here  . For me leaving this thread like this is very confusing ...From what I can understand from what I read here... I see Shak Tib  saying one thing and Maude  saying something  else yet  Shak Tibs   post is marked as the solution . 

Is that really the way you want to leave this for people to browse If Maude has provided the correct answer?

@barndoor - any forums, regardless of what the topic is about, is soley based on discussion; you will see few different users mentioning different things. It's the nature of how forums, message boards work.

I provided an answer to what I know, Maude stated an answer as well, which clarified the answer. Then I asked her a question myself...
Which part is confusing?

Maude provided the clear picture of it, and the correct answer. The OP marked my post as solution before Maude answered. My answer isn't fully incorrect - Maude clarified how the premium paid version gets cancelled.

o__o' hope this helps

barndoor
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Ahhh ,  Thank you  for the clarification. In the past I have assumed that when a  post was marked as the solution it was correct and  didn't bother reading much of the discussion to save time  but  apparently that is not the case  and one must read it all and still assess the accuracy  of the answers  given .

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@barndoor, anyone can mark a post as a solution. Doesn't mean it's THE ONLY solution, just something they think will work.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Agreed.
No problem @barndoor - And I personally look like "likes" as an indicator of an important comment along with "solution".
If the Solution is marked to early into the conversation and there are few more post after, usually (based on experience with other forums), someone has a better idea or an alternative idea / clarification.

And I have to agree with @OLDYELLR - it definitely wouldn't be the "Only" resolution.

Nothing is in absolute on the interwebs, not even logic. lol (making a lame joke here)

Buttarcup
I've Been Here Awhile

I cancelled my spotify premium as per the instructions after choosing spotify as my experience, however it now has me at Spotify free. How do I "register" so that I can get premium on my account? I can see on my Rogers account the same username as my existing one, but I'm not getting the premium.

Hi @Buttarcup

Welcome to the Community Forum!

I’d like to help your issue with your Spotify account. Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account.

I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

@RogersPrasana

@Buttarcup - did it get resolved yet? Did you get to enjoy premium?

Hi!

I'm having trouble with this as well, I just signed up with a share everything plan and I canceled my premium spotify subscription before enabling it through rogers. Now, in the my rogers page, it shows "I have this" under spotify however, in the spotify subscription, it shows :

Your Premium subscription will end on 2015-10-01 and you will no longer have offline, ad-free music. Resubscribe to keep the tunes flowing.

Payment details

You do not currently have a payment provider connected to your account.

Normal?

No, I don't believe that is normal.

I assume you are logging into the correct spotify account and don't have a secondary one.

It is odd for you to see 2015-10-01 as it should be 2 years.

When did you get the ShareEverything + Plan? You can always call in customer service and they can help you re-do the process to register. It could be a glitch, but personally I haven't heard of this by my experience.

Maybe someone in the community may have more insight on this, or perhaps @CommunityHelps can assist with this as well...

Thanks for the quick reply!

I was a premium subscriber renewing on the first of each month so the 2015-10-01 is the date that my subscription will end (I already paid for september).

I just got the shareeverything plan today, maybe I'm just not being patient enough 😉

I'll wait until the expiration and maybe retry the handshake with spotify.

Thanks again

As far as I am aware (and told, since this isn't personally tested) - Cancel your own paid premium and then go through your Rogers ShareEverything+ Experience SMS link you got.

If you have already cancelled your paid version, and then did the set up then you are good. If after the 2015-10-1 you notice it fully drops then I would be concerned, I would assume it would be taken over by the +Experience on Oct 1st ~ as you stated you already "Have This" in your Rogers profile.

Exactly what I'm thinking, let's just hope it'll go that way, worst case, it's a quick phone call away to support I guess 🙂

Indeed. I wouldn't be too worried though, end of the day - you are already guaranteed 2 years of spotify premium.

@loginatnine if you get the time after Oct 1st, tell us what happened. I personally want to see how this works out.

(unrelated joke, Oct 1st - after watching Redemption on Shomi, has a different meaning now lol)
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?