Existing Spotify Account

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

Re: Existing Spotify Account

There is another thread on here regarding the issue. From what I've been able to see from that thread, the experience kicks in once the premium service ends if everything is linked correctly.

I've Been Here Awhile

@berelig

Unfortunately that was one issue that I (and no doubt countless others) have experienced.  On my Rogers experience page, it indicated that Spotify was linked, however on my Spotify account page there was no such mention.

After talking with Spotify folks, they explained that they could see the pending linkage with Rogers on their end, but that my current existing premium subscription that I had paid for would need to elapse first before the Rogers-provided premium would kick in.  So I ended up waiting a month or so for my paid premium to run out; my account flipped to free status for about a day, and then it switched over to being paid for by Rogers.

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Good to hear @GGordon
Some people I spoke to cancelled their premium and got partial credits back from spotify (I don't know if that was through the site or actually speaking to Spotify first) and then linked it with rogers rather than waiting. But either way works.
I'm Here A Lot

I had a premium Spotify account and the I signed up for Spotify through my Rogers account. I can access it from my phone but how do I sign into Spotify on my computer using the web player on Spotify. I need a user name and password.  Where do I get this infomation?

Rogers Employee

From Spotify. Username and Password is always from Spotify. Since they host the service. It isn't your myRogers Username or Password.

If you don't know it, chances are you didn't link your main line.

Under your Main Line subscription (in spotify user profile - once you are able to log in) how does it say it is paid for?

You may be running your own premium subscription (or basic if premium expired) and it hasn't started your Rogers +Experience because it wasn't truely linked?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

My Rogers account shows that I have Spotify set up and when I signed up it made me cancel my Spotify account and then it changed over to being on my Rogers account until Jan 2018. This is showing on My Rogers account when I sign in. If I am understanding you correctly I still sign into Spotify with my original user name and password to use the web player on my computer that I had before I added the feature to My Rogers account and that the information on My Rogers account is for your internal use.

Rogers Employee

Correct.

Spotify WebPlayer still needs their username and password not Rogers.

Your subscription for Spotify is provided by Rogers (linked), to your spotify account.

myRogers login is for Rogers websites. Rogersondemand.com, shomi.com, NHL.com (With rogers sign in integrated).

Spotify isn't Rogers. Webplayer would be Spotify username and password just like before. 🙂

You can validate that by going to spotify.com and logging in and check it under your subscription section.

Cheers!

I've Been Around

Spotify premium lost after porting number

After porting my home number over to my wife's cell phone, the Spotify Premium was removed from her Spotify account. This is the same device just with a different phone number. I have tried to re-register the phone in Myrogers but it will not allow me. Her phone number does not show up with a register button beside it. Only my cell phone number now shows up in MyRogers underneath the Spotify experience. Although both cell phones numbers show up under my account. How do I go about getting the premium to link with the new number that has been put on her device? Or have it show up underneath my Spotify experience?

Thanks

Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

Hello @scarry33

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums.

I’d like to help in getting your issue resolved. Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks!

RogersSannecia

I'm Here A Lot

Ok. Ty. I will wait for your message.