Existing Spotify Account

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Existing Spotify Account

Well I'm pleased to report that Rogers has finally turned my Spotify account into premium and will be covering my subscription going forward. It only took almost 3 months, but I'm glad it's over. Whew!
I've Been Here Awhile

I had spotify premium before. Then I renewed my rogers account, but this time I got the share everything plan, so I get to have free spotify premium. So when I set up my account and got to sync my share everything spotify to my actual spotify account, everything went well. I was able to use the premium without my bank being charged separately by spotify

A few weeks went by and I realized that I can no longer listen offline. I checked my spotify account and it said I'm back to the basic free account. How do I get back spotify premium? I'm paying for the premium and I've already reached out to rogers online chat and asked them to fix the problem but they just redirected me to the contact page of spotify. I also tried addressing this issue to spotify through their contact forms, as I noticed there was no phone number on their site, and I still havent gotten a reply from them. I read online about similar problems and these people are stuck like me. Got very little help from rogers and there is NO phone number from spotify to call, because clearly they won't answer my email.

I've Been Here Awhile

This is an issue a lot of us are having. I've been in contact with rogers over phone, webchat, twitter, facebook, and have posted here. The problem is on their side, not Spotify, no matter what they tell you. The bad news is that it's going to take anywhere between a week to three months to get resolved. I'm currently going on my 5th week without spotify premium, and as someone who's posted before you stated, they just got their problem resolved after a 3 month wait.

Every avenue I've travelled so far has come to a "The back office is working on your issue" dead-end. All someone needs to do on their end is to reset your "choose an experience" page and have you reselect spotify again, but the people at customer support don't have the power to pull that switch, so they elevate it to a department that may or may not even exist, based on their resolve rate.

As someone who had previously deleted their entire catalogue of MP3s, containing over 8000 songs, due to Spotify premiums ease of use, only to get locked out of the service by roger's buggy system, and incompetent "back office", I feel your pain!

Good luck, and keep us posted if you find a shortcut to get this issue fixed

(as a side note, if you're still whithin 30 days of having chosen your experience, you can go on the site and switch experiences, then switch back to spotify, and it should take effect. Alas, if you're past your 30 days, their service looks you into your initially chosen experience...)

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the help! I tried switching to shomi, then switch backed to spotify and it worked! Thanks alot! 🙂

I've Been Here Awhile

Today was the day my original Spotify Premium ended. I added the Spotify Rogers to my account last month. I was sure I was going to have problems when my Premium ended today but luckily it didn't. My account switched to "Your subscription is associated with our partner Rogers, please refer to Rogers for questions regarding your subscription." So it's still premium. Maybe they fixed whatever the problem was so it wont be an issue anymore. I hope you all get it fixed. Good luck!

Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

Hello @chris99

Thank you for providing the community  with an update. We are truly happy to know that your issue has been resolved.

RogersSannecia

I've Been Here Awhile

I just activated Spotify on my new Share Everything plan. I already had a trial version running, but when I linked, the Rogers 24 month plan has not shown up. Should I wait until the trial period ends? (I linked it using Facebook)

Highlighted
Retired Moderator RogersMay
Retired Moderator

Hello @sasha1114 and welcome to the Community Forums!

That is correct, you will need to be finished with your trial period or cancel the trial period before linking the account for the experience to work.

For more information take a look at this post here.

RogersMay

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks RogersMay!

I'm Here A Lot

Finally, my problem has been fixed after two months. In order to help those with the same problem i had (1 account working but secon/third showing up as the free version, despite the account being "registered" on my rogers), withouth the hassle of waiting weeks for a resolution with the back office team, i will share what ended up fixing my problem. 

Before doing this, try logging out of spotify on the accounts you need to register, just in case. Someone from the community team had me try switching my experience from Spotify to either shomi or texture. I was able to switch to Shomi, but was unable to switch back. This may be due to the fact i was over the thirty days it allows you to, but the rep was able to change my account password and reset my selection and selected Spotify. I then logged in and registered each account successfully. I then logged into each account and they now show up as premium. Finally!! I was sick and tired of hearing those . commercials. I was very close to switching to bell or telus. This was my last attempt, but it's finally fixed.

Just a note. I suggested if i could try this method about 5 weeks ago, but the back office rep was not confident this would work and potentially screw up both accounts. Thats why i waited for them to provide a resolution. Just keep in mind, it may not work depending on what the problem may be on their back end system. However, if you do not want to wait two months like i did, i suggest trying this first, but make sure you have a case opened with the community team to help reset your selection if you can't switch it back.

Good luck everyone!

Cheers!