Existing Spotify Account

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Existing Spotify Account

@AnthonyDerbish Fully agree. I changed providers for this promotion aswell. Now i'm using up unneccesary data using spotify on my main account. I wonder if rogers will waive overages due to this problem on their end. 

I've Been Here Awhile

So after a week, I got a call from the "back office" to whom the issue was escalated. I had to go through the whole exercise of trying to explain the problem to them again, and they had no idea. Tried a couple of things, still no dice. 

MyRogers still says "I have this" for Spotify, yet Spotify does not think I have premium as clearly the two companies are not handshaked properly. 

They sent it off somewhere else. Who knows how long this is going to take. Ridiculous. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersMaude And @RogersAsif my Spotify is set up on MyRogers okay but now that my existing premium subscription expired today I'm stuck in free mode like some others on this forum. How do we get this working? I tried to use the manage button on MyRogers to re-register my account to see if that would click a subscription request to Spotify, but the only option is "listen". Please help!

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @Scottwin

Are you able to log in with your existing Spotify sign in after selecting the experience?

Let us know to further assist.

@RogersPrasana

I'm Here A Lot

Everyone is supposedly logged in with there Spotify through Rogers. However it still won't associate with a premium subscription. Rogers is really starting to cheat us out of money with there inability or unwillingness to help us.
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersPrasana yes I am able to login to Spotify using the account listed as my choice on th MyRogers page. 

I've been discussing my issue with Spotify customer service and they don't see anything linking my account to Rogers and feel Rogers has to fix it. 

I know now that the problem was choosing my Spotify account while I was still on premium. This must mess up the process for Rogers when the system tries to set up a payment for an account that is already paid for. Saying that I think I just need someone to go into my account and remove my Spotify account choice so I can select it now. The key is to only associate to your Spotify account once it is in a free state. 

I'm Here A Lot

This is true. But it's time for a solution from Rogers
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

All of our 3 accounts were Premium. After the premium was expired, after cancelling all 3 of them, 2 got taken over by Rogers but not the 3rd one. So it CAN work with a premium account already...
Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Good Morning @Scottwin,

Thank you for confirming the steps you have already taken to troubleshoot on your own. I would like to help you further to resolve your Spotify issue. 

I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

@RogersGabrielle

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, this is absolutely true. The key is to ONLY associate your Spotify account with your Rogers account if the Spotify is in FREE mode. If it's still in subscription mode it will NOT work.

I've been telling Rogers this for 10 days now. They finally fixed it over the weekend. It's a simple as them resetting the "choose your experience" option and I went through the procedure again of associating my Spotify account (which had now flipped over to free), and it now finally works.

I don't know why that process, which seems like a couple of button clicks on the Rogers side, seems to take so incredibly long, and needed escalation up to multiple different Rogers areas, each one of which I had to painstakingly explain the seemingly simple issue, over and over again.

However...as of yesterday, now it's fixed.